Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Turtle Farm, Hell and the beach

We went to the turtle farm on "tourist day". They have built so much more onto it since we lived there. It's pretty cool. Across the street now there is a place to swim with dolphins. A bit too pricey for us but they let you go watch them which I thought was very cool. (Mitch wasn't even scared! j/k babe)

Mitch used his (expired - shhhh) Cayman drivers license to get us a discount, thank goodness. There is also a new pool for swimming with the turtles which we also did not do. Hey, we can do that for (almost) free in the ocean! There are tanks for picking up the little guys, which is my favorite part. The bottom of their shells by the arms feels really cool and they are strong! Here is Mitch trying to give one a smooch.
He was rejected, sadly.
Another new part is the bird area.
This guy was friendly.
He liked Marty's hat.
He and Anna Mae didn't hit it off at first...
...but then they were friends.
Iguanas are everywhere.
His name is Tarzan. (That was for you, Ryan)

This is Hell, in case you wondered what it looks like. They even have a post office here so you can send a postcard "from hell".
Everybody. Notice Ryan's head is cut off. I wonder why?
Ahhh. I like Boyd's glasses. I heard they once belonged to Rae Ann.

We stopped at an Esso to get a drink (once again I'll say it was hot).
Then off to 7 mile to swim and watch the sun go down.

Ryan and Whammer.
I'm sorry but I gotta add this - SO funny. Ryan was throwing sand bombs at Anna Mae.
This is your blood Janae! Maybe I should stop picking on Ryan? I can't help it! Don't worry he dishes it right back to me. It's how we roll.
Oops - how did this hot picture of Mitch get in here? I can't help it!
Going,
going...
Did you know you can hear it sizzle when goes into the water?

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow, rejected by a turtle. That's gotta hurt. The dolphin thing sounds cool! Did you see any out on your dives?

RaeAnn said...

so do we all need to pitch it and get AM and UB sunglasses? Those purple ones are not only outdated, they are scratched to crap. American Eagle does not intend for their shades to be worn for more than one season.
AWESOME TRIP!

Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan said...

Geez Mitch... I guess I need to double my workouts.

Love these posts Megan.

Ryan said...

And oh yeah, GREAT line about Ryan's head being cut off. Lucky he doesn't go on the internet.

Ashley said...

Great pictures, nothing beats using expired licenses to get ahead! I love all the beach time.

Unknown said...

haha I can't stop laughing! That's mountain blood you're knockin Megs. I'm just glad the hairy chest genes skipped me!

Jason and Kenna said...

So Mitch are you wearing a man tank top in the turtle pictures, I mean I'm just wondering...

Anna Mae and Boyd said...

Thanks for the cool picture in the store from Hell. I wish you had told everyone that I won the sand throwing contest. It REALLY does sizzle!!