Friday, June 26, 2009

Diving I

Ok, here are some of the MANY MANY diving pictures we have:



This is a Lionfish. We've never seen them there before and apparently they are jerks. There were signs and posters up at all the dive shops asking people to report them if seen because they are so bad for the environment there. They eat destroy the reefs and eat all the other fish's babies. They came down from Florida and it's a big deal I guess. Oh yeah, and they are poisonous to touch. Kinda cool looking though.
This is a trumpet fish and I saw one every time we went which is also unusual. They float like that next to plants to blend in when they think they are in danger.

Boyd. I think he had a good time.

The Thinker
Theresa found this octopus hiding in a rock. We couldn't get him to come out but he looked cool from our view. I've never seen one before like that.

Spotted Morey Eel. We couldn't get him to come out either!
Ok, remember the Sunset House? Here is the mermaid statue underwater which is close to the restaurant.
Marty and Theresa.
Mitch assured me he was falling off and had to hold on to something.
Hmmmmm... maybe I should be worried. He did love The Little Mermaid cartoon...
A little way off from the mermaid is a little wreck and while we were there the submarine that takes the tourists around came by. It was SO loud but it was cool to see the people inside and them taking pictures of us!
The driver.

Lobsters. Mitch and Marty were able to "collect" a few and we had a feast one night. YUMMY!



4 comments:

Wendy said...

Those are incredible underwater pictures! The fish and plants are amazing.I dunno, Mitch's mermaid excuse sounds a little "fishy" (hehehe). Looks like Boyd sure had fun though!

Ashley said...

Oh man that is something I would love to do, especially find lobsters and eat them later!

Jason and Kenna said...

So clear. Post more.

Jason and Kenna said...

Oh yeah, the Boyd pictures are awesome.