Saturday, June 20, 2009

Cayman Intro

Ok, here we go. Hold on to your hats people, the vacation pictures are a comin'. Not that anyone is dying to see these but I'm excited to get them posted. So anyway there are many many pictures and I'm dividing them up. The diving might even rival a Kenna and Jason post, but we'll see. After the graduation in Orlando we drove back to Tampa and had a lovely flight to Grand Cayman.
Touch down. I like getting off on the tarmac.

Here are some goats at the airport. Sorry it's such a dark picture.
I was a little worried about driving on the left again, but it came back surprisingly quickly. We rented a cool TINY "coconut car" with the steering wheel on the right. So fun. I'm sad we didn't get a picture of it. Our friends, Murray and Ginny, in the branch let us borrow their SUV. It totally saved us because the diving gear took up so much space and with both cars it was perfect. Then we found out their other car they were using had it's AC go out 3 days before we returned the SUV! I felt so bad because we would have returned it to them, but they were like 'it was no problem - it's a convertible.' Yeah right, with the humidity there you need AC for sure. They were SO NICE to us.

The view from our condo. It was "ok". ;)
This was a cool tree right in front of our room. It was flat like a fan.
Crazy tourists in Georgetown.
More to come.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Cool pictures, I especially liked the fan tree! Can't wait for more.

RaeAnn said...

and I thought I was leaving people in suspense. I can't believe that ocean view!

abby said...

um...praying we get into st. matthew's. wow.

Jason and Kenna said...

Ummm...hurry. I am anticipating the rivalry.