Monday, October 27, 2008

Thursday night we went camping at Gleason Flats, a place we used to go all the time pre kids and crazy life. It was fun to be back there. I miss camping and what is it about a campfire that makes me so happy? Also, I don't think I've seen so many stars! It was SO pretty.

Here are Sam and Boyd roasting hot dogs (notice the double duty on Papa's part). Sam had a great time and his favorite thing was roasting the marshmallows.

Do I look tired at all?
It was stinkin' cold in the morning and Ben chose to kick it in the back of the car for most of it.

Who doesn't like Ramen? I can't believe he got it open on his own. Nice clean pantry, huh?

Speaking of pantries, here is Mitch's pride and joy. At his last rotation at County he got $ everyday for food, but usually didn't spend it all, so he started buying drinks to bring home. Well, now we have our very own convenience store shelf!
Hey remember our dirt backyard? Check out our grass! Hurray! Yeah, it's a little patchy but I love it and I think we are going to have a yard party tonight to celebrate.

Spiderman likes to help 'mow' our new grass. Nice work buddy.








6 comments:

Anna Mae and Boyd said...

Great post. I wish I woulda been there.

Jason and Kenna said...

I think you should put a sign up on your pantry that some something like "welcome to Quickie Mart...where we can make your wildest dreams come true" or you choose, whatever, but a sign would be cool is all I'm saying...

Also you left out the cactus and "I don't think it was a good idea (Sam)"

Deb said...

found you! I'm so excited! check out our blog at: www.wanderingwoodwards.blogspot.com
I love seeing pictures of you all - your boys are so cute! please keep in touch!
Aunt Deb - DownUnder

staci baker said...

Fun camping trip! I love how Grandpa is doing the work while Sam is kicking back. He's good. Only four years old and he knows how to work the system. Mitch did come away with some great loot from that rotation. Too bad there isn't an allowance with every rotation! Then there might be a chance that we could fatten Drostan up on cookies and other stuff. Actually, no. We've tried that and it still doesn't work. Never mind. Nice grass, too! ;)

Ashley said...

Where do I sign up to get Spiderman to do some of my chores? Nice! I love the convenience store in your very own pantry, so funny. Great grass, you are in Arizona right? I thought only rocks and cactus grew there:-)

Nicole said...

When we went camping all Carson wanted to do was sit in our car to. Did you notice Suzanne and Quin Kellis on my last blog entry. They were the couple with the blonde girl mulet and black guy mulet. They are in our ward.