Friday, October 17, 2008

Blah

So today I turn 30. I am neither happy nor excited about this. So far the day is going great. Sam woke up at the crack of dawn and then peed in OUR bed. I freaked out once before when I turned 22. Weird, but I think it was because I had passed 21 and that is what everyone waits for and then it was over. My roomates at BYU made fun of me and cheered me up. This one is much, much worse. I have wrinkles, false teeth and hip replacements to look foreward to. Sweet. Blah.

p.s. I'm not writing this as a pity post so people will write nice things like, "oh it's not so bad, and you'll LOVE your 30's!" None of that please. I'm just venting. It's my party and I'll cry if I want to.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, have you picked out your retirement home yet? Look for one that offers a 2-for-1 deal on those false teeth, cuz you know dementia will be setting in soon, and you'll need both sets.

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope you & Mitch can do something fun and you can still enjoy it and get a break. And I will just add, they say thirty is the new twenty! Yea Yea!

Jake and Jessica said...

Happy Birthday! I am sure Mitch has huge plans on such an event. Don't feel too bad, Jake will be joining the 30's in 2 weeks and 3 days. He can't wait. He will then be 30 something and I will be 20 something. He loves that I harass his age. Hope you have a great day!

Glenn and Natalie said...

You know you look great! I'd rather look like you at 30, than me at 28! You're allowed to have a pitty party, but then have a real way to celebrate--go get a pedi, new outfit and dinner with friends with no kids...that's what you have to look forward to in your 30's...the boys getting older and going to school all day!

RaeAnn said...

k-so I read that wrong and I thought you already had wrinkles, false teeth and hip replacements. I was gonna feel bad for you! Where is your super-hero party??? Oh, and thirty is flirty and thriving!

Lindsay said...

That's okay. I turned 29 a few weeks ago and someone said, let the years of turning 29 over and over again commence. It was a humorous and sad moment.

The Pullins said...

So when you pick out the retirement home (as Wendy suggested) can you see if you can get a group deal? Maybe all of us in our 30s can check in early? That way maybe we can escape from reality and not grow old for a little while longer! Happy Birthday - a day late!

Kizzy said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you are enjoying being 30! Brielle peed in our bed the other night and I woke up because I felt something wet and warm, she was peeing on my arm. kids are the best!!!!!!!

staci baker said...

Don't worry, you'll love your 30s. I've heard it's actually a great decade. Don't be sad. Pick yourself up and look forward to your 30s....ha-ha....I just had to say it because you told me not to say it. Seriously, though. Happy birthday! I thought of you! I hope the day got better after the pee incident. And that's AWESOME you got to go to Vegas. Man, I wish I was close to family so we could have babysitters for a weekend. Sounds like a blast.

Trisha Mason said...

Aww, Happy Birthday Megan!! Sounds like you had a blast in Vegas! How fun!

Summer said...

Wow, nothing says happy birthday like pee! The perfect way to celebrate a milestone like 30, right? Sam will have to think of something really good for your 40th.