Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spokane, WA


Family Practise.


Tears have been shed, curse words have been uttered.


It's a good location, but Mitch really wanted ER.

18 comments:

Summer said...

We feel your pain...see you in Spokane soon.

Trisha Mason said...

Congrats guys! That is wonderful that you will all be together again! Can't wait to see everyone at graduation :-)

Anna Mae and Boyd said...

If you need some lemons for you know "when life hands you - make lemonade" we have them. I am sad face for you. Mom

Glenn and Natalie said...

So sorry guys, about the dissappointment...I know that Mitch really wanted to play more, "guess what THIS guy shoved up his butt," games.
CONGRATULATIONS on going to Spokane. I think that it will be great for you guys. Just be careful...have you read the book twilight?
((Hugs))

Lisa said...

I have no idea what is going on! Is this a place you go for just a minute until you do what you really want to do? Or is this it, and you buy into a practice and this is your life from here on out? The med scene never gets explained as to why people go here or there or do any of the moving around. Could you please explain in lame terms for a lame-o like me. I know Mitch wanted to do ER. And can he still or is this it once you go family practice? I will still continue to push for extra studies in cosmetic surgery.

esther said...

We have lots of lemons too, and lemonade is delish. I'm actually a little envious you get to be with the Beers and Bakers for the next three years. But I know we'll make new friends and Washington is farther from the fam than AZ even if it is already getting hot. Even if you can't yet be I'm excited for you.

Jason and Kenna said...

The Great Migration is fate...don't fight it.

Tippetts said...

Lisa- residency is about 3 to 4 yrs depending on what field you are doing. In our case ER is 3 as well as family practice, so they are the same as far as that goings. You are technically a Dr. but basically still in training and don't get paid like a real Dr. yet. Usually residency is in the field you will be doing but it's not totally set in stone. Mitch can re-apply for an ER residnecy next year, but it's a long shot. If that doesn't work I think he can try to do a fellowship in ER after, but I really don't know about that. Does that help? Mitch is better at explaining these things!
Kenna - I won't fight the migration - I'm excited about that part at least. But this means it has offically begun! You better not be the last ones there.

Creative Cora said...

Hey, I'm sorry you didn't get what you wanted, but I think the area is beautiful there, and I know things always happen for a reason. Something wonderful will come from all of this for all of you I am sure! Good Luck! We tried calling and texting you guys, but I guess you were busy I am sure... Lots of Hugs!

staci baker said...

I can imagine the disappointment. We feel bad and wish we could do something. It'll take some time to accept it all, I"m sure. When you do get used to the idea, you can think of the fun times Tyler/Sam and Peyton/Ben can have together. I'll think they'll be great buds! We can play just like old times in Maine.

Lindsay said...

This won't help your situation, but I love Spokane, it is beautiful. Plus, I have million relatives there... like I said, it won't help you. :o) I'll be sure to visit!

janelle said...

ugh! Sorry!! It's so lame they don't just give you what you want!

Rebecca said...

At least there's no more limbo. I hate limbo. You guys will do great anywhere. And it sounds like you already have friends there. Congratulations and condolences I guess. :)

Lisa said...

Okay, so residency is kinda the final lap before you do what you are going to do (er, family,etc.). But what is a fellowship? Just curious. If you are bored of the questions then feel free not to answer.

denebug said...

We're actually a little envious. Clint would love to go back to the great pacific northwest, and instead we're going to Provo. Sorry it's not the ER though.

Chris said...

I think a fellowship is where a small group doctors are given a special gold ring along with an elf sword that glows in the dark when orcs are around.

Ashley said...

Okay so ER is glorious on TV, but the hours and work don't seem so glorious. Plus everyone hates ER docs so I think this will be so great. Well I am partial because this lands you closer to the Harper/Blodgett clan. Hope we will be around when you move so we can help out. I'm excited for you, bring on the big residency bucks right? Well I think it is about as much as we make...3 years in spokane, not bad at least it's not Walla Walla.

RaeAnn said...

Sorry and congrats all in one? I hope it is a great move for you.