Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sour Taste

So, anyway. Here are our pictures from the South Canyon trip last week. We had a good time. Unfortunately I woke up that morning with a head cold, so I was sniffly and coughing most of the trip. Oh well, it was worth it.

You have to have a Before Picture; Kelly, Mitch, Preston, Jim and Colton.

The Bromance with Jim and Mitch begins.



The Bromance continues...


This is Gracie. She is a big horned mountain sheep (I think) and hung out around our camp quite a bit. The first day we saw her on the beach Kel and I were sitting on some rocks and the boys were coming from the other direction and she walked right up to us. Like maybe 5 or 6 feet away and then just walked by like no big deal! It was so cool. We've seen Condors, crows, squirrels, ringtail cats, lizards and all that, but never one of those before.



Mitch found a rafters helmet left behind and decided to wear it... a lot. This was one from a photo shoot and I told him to look scared and a little confused.

He even hiked out in it.
The hike out was a beast, as usual, and I admit I was definitely the slowest .
The After Picture.


So, on the way home we stopped at Wendy's for lunch in Flagstaff (everyone is starving afterwards!). Around the time we got to Verde Valley I realized I had left my purse at said establishment. We tried calling them to see if it was there and couldn't get any one to answer. Soooo the manager at the Wendy's in Cottonwood called the manager up there and they said they had it and she would meet us at Munds Park to drop it off (so nice!). I was hyped to get it back but as we drove away I realized the wallet was gone. We think someone took it before the Wendy's ppl. found it. Sooooooooooooooooo I've been cancelling and replacing cards and doing all that. I think this is the first time I've ever lost my wallet. The only thing I'm really bummed about was my Cayman license is gone and that was kinda cool. No one tried to use my cards so I hope they enjoyed the 5 bucks that was in there. Jerks. Anyway, it left a bad taste after a good trip.




8 comments:

denebug said...

What a great trip! That is exactly why we're excited about moving out to Utah--it's close to so many great tracts of unadulterated wilderness.
Sorry about your wallet :(
The only time my purse got stolen was at a church dance. My keys were in it, and I had an awful time getting home that night.

Jason and Kenna said...

Lame head cold and wallet stealers, but I have to wonder if it was seriously all worth it for the helmet pictures....I would have to say yes, but it wasn't my wallet...or head.

esther said...

What a fun trip to take. Bummer about your wallet and the cayman license.

Kizzy said...

sorry your wallet was stolen...that is the worst!! looks like you had a really fun trip tho!

Glenn and Natalie said...

I hope that as time goes by, you'll only remember the FUn stuff from the trip--not the losers that took your wallet!
Looks like the trip was fantastic!

Ashley said...

So where were the kiddos? What a fun trip, I am glad you guys could get away even if it cost you your cayman license. Man those things are fun to hold onto. Nolan still laughs at me for carrying around my Utah State, BYU, and all four of my high school STUDENT ID'S! I know I am a loser.

RaeAnn said...

ugh. that reminds me of one time someone stole my ten-day old cell phone. I cancelled it right away and had to pay about $300 to replace it. The people couldn't even use it. thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hurray, what a fun trip! Nothing like a little canyoneering (sp?) and cliff climbing to make life good. All the sand was a little annoying but worth it.