Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Prague- Part I

From the Brock's house it was not too far to drive to Prague. One of the top places on my lists! Check out the huge eagle billboards. Made me think of Nazis for some reason. (I tried to make to pictures bigger, but then they were cut off, so I don't know how to do that I guess. Any suggestions?)

I'm so glad we had GPS while driving, but even then it was a little crazy. Mitch was driving so Kenna could sit in the back next to Amelia, who only wanted her mama nearby. We did great till we got into the center of town and took a wrong turn. Mitch had to turn around in this tiny spot and almost backed up into a really expensive car. The door man came out to stand in between him and the car. It was pretty funny. And then we accidentally followed a tram and got in the wrong lane and had to sit there while everyone got off and looked at us funny. We just waved. :) Anyway, we got there and stopped at the Starbucks to use the facilities. So, the waiter gave Whitney and I a code to get in and she couldn't remember it and kept repeating it back to him wrong (it was 0550*) and he was getting really mad and it was so so SO funny!  Anyway, get ready for some doors. They were so cool, I can't get over it - look a door in a door!



So cool.


I took this one to show how small the car was, but it was pretty funny that it was for a massage parlor. :)

I would love this car. I bit Downton Abby-ish, right?


Towards the famous St. Charles Bridge.
 On the bridge. Check out the poor guys in the window. I love all the sculptures. It just amazes me how they do that.

Water wheel.

See the locks on the bridge below? They do this on other bridges too - they put two ppls initials on the lock - like a symbol of their love. But I guess some ppl come back with a crow bar or whatever and try to get them off. :)

Look at the amazing sidewalk! The old ways are better I tell you.

Awwww.



 

 

So on some of the statues it is good luck to rub a certain spot, so they are still nice and bright.

 
Swans.

Doing peasant chores, I'm assuming.





This one might be my all time favorite. I love it.

Lots of marionette stuff here. Kinda creepy.


Shutters for the door AND chalkboard menus. Yes.

In the square they had some awesome food stalls. Look at all the wood below.

For Jason, who had to stay in Germany to work. He loves meat on a spit.

That Gyro was amazingly delicious.



We were just in time for the famous clock.


On the hour it chimes and all sorts of things pop out and play music. It's crazy old too.

Look at the detail on those little guys!

There was a group of school kids adhering to the buddy system and it was too cute not to capture.



How do they make it curve like that?

Let's end with a church door... With more Prague to come.


1 comments:

Jason and Kenna said...

Oh man...I want you guys to come back or maybe we just move there....dreams and girls and wishes and fishes....