Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Boyz Birthdayz

So here are the pictures from Ben's 1st birthday party just a tad late. We had just gotten to Michigan a few days before the 30th, so it was pretty thrown together. Oh well, he didn't really know what was going on, right? ;) We had our friend Cora that we knew in Cayman and her 2 little boys over and it felt like a real party!

This is his "cake". It was actually from a mold of cupcakes and you just pulled it apart.



Even though Mitch already had a party and cake, I wanted him to have something.

I had a Mitch Bobble-Head made but it doesn't really look like him too much. He needs some distinguishing features like a goatee, tattoo or a Mohawk.




Oh yeah, he liked it!






We got Sam a toy too so he didn't feel left out while Ben opened his presents. I really didn't want to do it, but it was worth it.


So there is one more picture I wanted to post, but it's a little too graphic. After the party out of the blue Sam walks into the living room buck 'nekid' holding all the balloons! It was so random and I couldn't stop laughing!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

I love all the pics! I feel like I know about your life more now than the past 10 years. I especially love the ride with the rims. I didn't know you guys rolled like that. Not too shabby for 'poor students'!

Ashley said...

Happy birthday Ben, that's so exciting. Meg, you're so good at cakes, I love them. I think Ben looks different from sam, I use to think they'd be identical twins. Love his long hair though, and the bobble head. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Great job with the cakes. But I expected nothing less. I hope my cake makeing skills will be as great. Glad everyone had good birthdays.

Jason and Kenna said...

The picture should have been posted...Nakedness is ok, Jason and I are about to make an entire posting of all nakedness...we embrace it and so should you...I have a birthday present for Twitch, but I need your guys' address. I'll call and get it.

staci baker said...

Looks like fun! It was so funny to see pictures of you in our apartment! Oh, I miss those cheap brown couches! Great job on the cakes, and that's hilarious about Sam in his 'birthday suit'...complete with balloons!

Kizzy said...

great job on the cakes! happy birthday!

Jake and Jessica said...

Way cute cake Megan, you are always so creative. Mitch your 30, I can't believe Megan is married to such an old man.