Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Contest Controversy and Wrap Up

My previous post was written in haste to make the Sunday deadline. There is some unfinished business... First of all I need to pass out some awards. The closest wrong answer goes to Kenna with the caulking gun, well played little sister. The most original goes to the collective country of France with the horse inseminator. A solid guess, disgusting but solid. The one that had me laughing was Jurgen's kraut and wurst...a delicious meal but not as a suppository. I would give out the worst guess award but I don't want to offend Ashley...

As we all know now Jason did in fact guess correctly...with a little help. You see when I posted the picture from the computer I left the picture name "revlon" attached. Big mistake on my part. If the picture was saved to another computer it was automatically saved as "revlon". Quite the clue. The problem is last Friday the braun behind Team Superstar and Titusville, FL native Larry "The Ferry" Mason guessed a revlon curling iron after saving it to his computer. I implored him not to post the answer so the contest might find a true and noble suitor. None was found. Both Jason and Larry had the tell. I recognize my fault and know that none should be punished for the folly. Both Jason and Larry lay claim to the prize. I will consult with the Red Bull NA accounting team and post a final decision.

As a side note the iron had to be surgically removed. The handle was visible only enough to read the infamous revlon. Luckily the he did not have it plugged in while he was "cleaning his slippery basement" so we were not dealing with a burn. Overall the smell was fantastic and the memory priceless.

9 comments:

Ryan said...

Oh I get it. He fell. It's like that time I shoved Tyler off of the top bunk and he fell down on top of that hobby horse in the middle of the room. Wait, that's nothing like this. It's like that time mom made us clean up the basement but instead of cleaning up you put a tennis ball in a sock and nailed Ty with it. He fell down and ... wait, nothing. He just fell.

Now that I think of it, the scenario this fellow found himself in rarely happened to me or people I know.

Anonymous said...

You produce a valid aurgument Ryan. Let us not forget the most important quandary...how often do you clean your basement naked?

Ashley said...

The worst guess award...man, that's low, I thought pog holder was classic, oh well maybe next contest, I will figure out a way to get a little help too:-)

Anonymous said...

Why is Tye always the one getting smacked around?

Whit

Ryan said...

Ty was never very good at defending himself. Especially when Mitch would get his tennis ball socks flinging. I remember Mitch busting a few lightbulbs with those bad boys.

Back to business, as appointed auditor of this contest I have to ask: Kenna and Jason do we have assurance that the second guess was indeed Jason's guess and not Kenna's 2nd guess?

Lisa said...

why is everyone giving this "x-ray guy" such a hard time? I mean, it could happen. we've all been naked in our houses, even picked up around the house naked. i have never seen someone pack away a curling iron in it's own box or even have bubble wrapper around it to protect it from outside elements. once you buy an iron you chuck the box and everyone is for themselves in the safety department around the irons as far as i'm concerned. it just sounded like an accident waiting to happen. mark my words, revlon might have suit up their butt, i mean, on their hands.

Anonymous said...

Everyone cleans, dances, climbs ladders, makes wurst, naked.... it is just part of life. Right?

Thank you for my recoginition for my very logical and tasty guess. Maybe you should let him know the wurst and kraut would have been much easier to remove.

Cheers.

RaeAnn said...

I don't know what I love more...the posts or the comments from the crowd. Those Tippetts sure know how to make a girl laugh.

Jason and Kenna said...

Ryan and Red Bull Associates -- Definitely my guess (and remember the Egypt Red Bull in your decision making).

Jason