Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Ultimate Contest 2008

During Mitch's Emergency Dept. rotation he has had quite a few interesting encounters. Nothing was able to prepare him for what came in a few nights ago by ambulance. This is an unfabricated X-ray that was obtained that unforgetable evening. There will be a "prize" for whomever can guess what was extracted that evening (item and brand). If there is more than one correct entry than there will be an unbiased drawing overseen by the accounting dept. at Red Bull North America. All are eligible but please only one entry per person. The winner will be announced this Sunday. Thank you and good luck.








seriously there is a prize...

24 comments:

Ashley said...

That is a little gross. Oh man, all I can think is that it looks like some kind of POG holder, but I know those are totally not around anymore, so I will guess with some kind of tupperware contraption.

Lisa said...

So it kinda looks like a stick of dynamite. But let's get to the real question that should be answered: Why is it there and which entry?

Jake and Jessica said...

So Jake also thinks it's dynamite, but I am with Lisa on the why and which. Mitch I have a friend who works in ob/gyn office and could tell you a couple stories.

Anonymous said...

Do they sell this on Amazon? Henry Schein Spain guesses a tube full of M&Ms, or an MP3 so you can be singing out of yo A--?

Anonymous said...

It must be a last generation cilindric
mp3/mp4 player form Sony.

(I´m just gessing)

David Saavedra
Henry Schein Spain

Trisha Mason said...

I'm at a loss....I even tried to cheat and I called Larry to see if Mitch had told him the story yet. Shameful, I know :(

Ryan said...

I've got a guess but have no clue about the brand. So everyone will jump on my trail because it's such a sweet guess.

But I say it's some sort of handgun. 1st guess is a 9MM, second guess some sort of revolver.

And only one guess per Henry Schein office please.

Jason and Kenna said...

So, after a long deliberation and strategic strategizing and after Ryan almost took my guess, I've decided to state mine, but first I'd like take a moment and just say how impressive it is that someone had the stamina and will power to get a CAULKING GUN up his anus...I just hope that it was worth it buddy...
- Kenna's Vote

Summer said...

I wish I didn't know what it was so I could guess! I was cracking up reading some of these guesses. Definitely the best blog contest EVER.

Trisha Mason said...

100% ligit...i win
larry mason

Glenn and Natalie said...

We have NO CLUE what that is...and honestly, we are afraid to even attempt to guess, with the fear that the prize is whatever Mitch retrieved from that poor person! Ouch!!!

Trisha Mason said...

100% legit... sorry I can't spell, but i can read x-rays. Mitch are you still 70/30 about me guessing the right answer?
larry mason

Anonymous said...

Bon jour. Henry Schein FRANCE believes it is a big syringe - perhaps a horse artificial seminator.

We also believe this is only something they sell in the states. In Europe, the people do not do such things . . . .

staci baker said...

I'm dying here of laughter! Your contest is so good that you have comments from Europe! Man, that's awesome! I was going to say something like dynamite, too. Some sort of firecracker, but I'm probably way off.

Lisa said...

what's a "100% legit"? is that some sort of gerbal-releasing cage?

Anonymous said...

Some sort of pastry filler? For frosting or pudding?

Anonymous said...

I'm going w/ a Airborn tablet container. Man, this really has me stumped. I can't wait to find out what this is.
Kelly

Jason and Kenna said...

In less than 3 hours, I will post my guess...I need time to deliberate with my analysis team. I have a team of "end"o-scopic scientists coming over to "anal"yze the xrays.

jason

Anonymous said...

After thinking long and hard about this I have decided that it may be a small basketball pump of some sort. I do have to say that Kenna's guess was REALLY good and I wish I would have thought of that.

I do also agree with comotaleview that people in Europe just don't do crazy things like this so it was very hard for us to even process.

I hope your friend is ok. :)

Kat
-out in the woods, Germany

janelle said...

How'd you get my xray?? HIPPA! :)

These are always the funnest games in the ER, but you have me stumped. It looks spring loaded as to propel itself into the unknown.

Can't wait to hear the story! I love it when patients make up a story!

Jason and Kenna said...

After much discussion and analysis we believe the poor sap has a broken revlon curling iron stuck inside him.

Please give him the hel he needs!

Jason brock.

Anonymous said...

Please my friends, it is so very... how do you say in english.... obvious that it is a wurst with sauerkraut.

Lisa said...

Why didn't I think of that! It's a 'hot tools' 1 1/2" curling iron! NO question!

Ryan said...

"wurst with sauerkraut" was the funniest guess of the contest.