Tuesday, February 4, 2014

January Happenings

This month has been pretty chill for us. Which has been pretty nice actually.
Ben lost his very first tooth and got some cha-ching from the tooth fairy.

He also had his turn as the classroom VIP for a week. He got to take home the class mascot -Froggy - and take pictures with him. Of course he wanted one with Nibbles. (who has gotten lost twice now, but has been found twice. Not having a cat around helps I think)

Of course if Ben gets pictures, this one wants them too! She also was a turkey this month when she dropped the Applepad and shattered the screen. Mitch got a new screen, watched some Youtube and totally fixed it! Then she dropped it two days later and it's totally broken now. Oh well.

We tried out the two new places to eat here in Spokane - Buffalo Wild Wings and a Cafe Rio. 
See, we have stuff! Come and visit! (p.s. have I mentioned they are building a brand spanking new Target about 1 mile from our house?!? I can't even handle it!)


 When Ben's trundle bed is pulled out, Charlie thinks it is his. And he fits! Then the kids lay on him.

We finally got some snow and it's awesome! Mitch and I got to go snowboarding, just us two and it was good. I was still getting better from hurting my back right after we got home from AZ, so I tried to not do anything crazy. But two days later it was back to being awful. Apparently I'm a decrepit old woman and am falling apart. I finally broke down and went to the doctor. He said I can't do anything for 2 weeks. So, between initially hurting it and then it coming back I've been sitting around all month. No working out and I'm turning to jello! Kenna, you would love it. (that was said sarcastically) 




At least the frosted trees are pretty!

5 comments:

Jason and Kenna said...

Applepad problems.....are there any worse kind? And we need to back up a minute.....how did you hurt your back?.....

Tippetts said...

I just went to my regular class at the gym like 2 days after we got back from AZ and by the end I could barely walk. SO LAME! So it started feeling better after about 8 days and I started working out again and a day after, bam, it was back with a vengeance. I hate it.

Jason and Kenna said...

Seriously. Getting hurt is the worst..lmakes you feel 89 yrs old and like you are fakling apart (which you are not). What did the doctor say it was?

Unknown said...

NEVER call it Buffalo Wild Wings. If you are cool - it is B-Dubs. I learned that from the missionaries, who are not allowed to go there. I really like that place. Love Charlie and the snow. Sorry about your back.

Tippetts said...

B-dubs it is!
The doctor just said I strained it. I've kind of always had back problems but just never this bad. When I was in labor with Sam, most of it was in my back I think. Mitch said he would find some physical therapy exercises that should help.