Last Tues. night we had a FHE scavenger hunt. The last clue ended at the table with our milk bottles full of spare change that we've been adding to forever in hopes of going to a certain vacation destination. There was also a note telling them that indeed we were going to go to that destination - Disneyland! So we said go to bed and we are leaving in the morning. They didn't totally freak out or anything, but they were pretty excited.
So, very very early we got up and headed to the airport and flew to Anaheim. It was great timing too because the high that day was going to be 14 and in Cali it was in the high 60's. Nice change up.
We got a sweet pimped out minivan rental car, and headed to our hotel. We got some food and then swam at the hotel pool. The kids love that. (this place seemed appropriate for lunch. Where did she learn to pose like that?!?
The kids wanted Johnny Rockets for dinner, kind of a rip, but they liked it. Especially how they gave them their ketchup.
The next morning we walked over to the park!
We sang Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious through out the trip kind of randomly. I couldn't remember all the verses so we watched it when we got home to hear the whole thing.
The Mad Hatter. I think he would be cool to hang out with.
The first ride we went on was Indiana Jones. Lottie was too little so she and I waited while the boys went and then we would do a rider switch. Unfortunately, when they got off Sam and Ben were pretty freaked out and didn't want to go again!
We pretty much had to drag them on the next ride -Pirates of the Caribbean, but they weren't too scared by that and then it was fine. Sam even listed the Haunted Mansion as one of his favorite rides. Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain were both shut down for repairs, so those weren't even an option and we couldn't talk them into Space Mountain or the Matterhorn. Next time!
Churros-
Autopia
Sword in the Stone.
You gotta want it!
I don't know why, but I love these pictures.
I took Lottie to meet some princesses. Honestly, these ladies are VERY good at their jobs. They were sweet and took lots of time with each kid and asked all kinds of different questions. Well done Disney.
Aurora
Aerial
On the Carousal. Ben's crazy. Lottie's favorite I think.
Taking a break right after the teacups. Mitch was super dizzy after that one. He was having inner ear issues the whole trip really but he's good now. My phone died so I didn't get many more pictures that day. We went back to the hotel, swam, ordered some pizza and watched the opening ceremonies of the Olympics. It was a good day!
The next morning, Friday, we did the park hopper and started at California Adventure.
Riding rides.
Army Men performing -really fun.
Cars land - I have to say in general I like Disney Land better, but the Radiator Springs Racers might have been my favorite ride over all! I've heard Tower of Terror is great, but the boys didn't want to go. Mitch bribed Ben with $12 to ride the big wooden roller coaster with him, but then Ben wasn't tall enough! So, he went on it solo and loved it.
Sweet hats.
I read that the Pixar Parade was really great, so we were sure to see it. It was good, but we went back over to DisneyLand and caught the end of their parade and I thought it was much better!
Check out her face though.
The boys both liked Star Tours the best I think. And Soaring over California. I can't remember now! Anyway, I think it was a great trip and everyone had a good time!








2 comments:
Love ending posts like that.
1. Ummm..you may be the coolest parents ever
2. 12 dollar bribe???? Look to number 1.
3. Lottie's poses are awesome. We all know you secretly practice those poses in your bedroom, Lottie must have seen you.
4. Loved all the pictures.
5. Loved Disneyland and that you stayed in a place that was WALKING DISTANCE. so awesome.
6. Smoking hot mamma
agreed with Kenna, especially about your secret posing you think no one sees. I love the family pic.
I also think everyone should know that when I asked Lottie what her favorite thing was in DisneyLand, she said the food. Upon further questioning, she said her next favorite part was the pretzels in the airport. That'll make anyone pop their hip.
Post a Comment