Thursday, February 13, 2014

Moose!

So we were driving home from school on Tuesday when we saw this little lady walking though a neighbor's yard - 2 houses from ours. (I'm assuming it was a female due to the lack of antlers?)

This is the 3rd moose I've seen in our area since we moved here and it's not like we live out in the boonies or anything. It's crazy! She was super chill and just kind of stared back at us.


Ben is super into what he calls "photo-bombing". I keep trying to explain the subtlety of the actual thing, but he doesn't listen to me. :) 


Finally she just ignored us and kept eating this tree. 


4 comments:

RaeAnn said...

well don't ask me if it's a female because even if I convince everyone I'm right, I will get all cocky and try and rub it in via the zookeeper, and then get -proven wrong... see: grizzly bear, seattle zoo, me vs. mitch

esther said...

I would have thought a female too. Way cool!

Tippetts said...

RaeAnn, your comment make me laugh out loud ( I wrote it all out because it is true) and for a full minute!

Jason and Kenna said...

WOAH. Seriously, those things are only supposed to be seen in wild Alaska whilst iditaroding with your beloved, like family dog Balto.

Also tell Ben not to worry because photo bombing lost it's luster when you could just look at your pictures right after you took them...he's cutting out the middle man so to speak, or the middle finger that pushes play, crap no middle fingers...whatever.