Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I'm playing catch up today again.

First, I am thankful for music. Pretty generic, I know, but seriously I love a ton of different kinds of music and I love the effect it has on me. Pumps me up for a workout, helps me clean my house, calms me down on Sundays, and generally makes me happy. When the kids aren't in the car I turn it up as loud as I can and sing along. It makes a movie great. It's crazy how talented people are that make and/or perform music.



Second, speaking of talent, I am grateful for other people's! Here are some of my favorite ways to get great ideas and basically be jealous of cool people:

Pinterest! So many pretty images and just cool stuff.



I love Abby. She is so smart and sweet.



This girl has some really great sewing tips and tutorials.



Inspiring.

This girl is my favorite! Super creative and FUNNY!












Thirdly, I am thankful for modern medicine! The kids had to get their immunizations & blood drawn and tested. Turns out Lottie is iron deficient. So, she is starting supplements tomorrow. Anyway, it just reminded me how lucky we are to live today, because there was some crappy stuff going on back in the day! (We are pretty healthy but I had 2 kids C-section and I really wonder how it would have gone down otherwise- so it is close to my heart.) Plus, this is Mitch's job and how he supports our family.



4 comments:

janelle said...

Hey! I know Abby! She was roommates with my sister in college. Did you know her from AZ?

abby said...

you are too kind Megan! the feeling is mutual!

and janelle- yes, we grew up in the same stake and she married one of jamie's good friends.

Leslie said...

I love those sites...thanks for sharing

Summer said...

everyone should be thankful for pinterest...and I will be checking out some of those blogs