Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Skillz

I've been hiking up to the Y in the mornings once or twice since we've been here. I love it. My favorite part is running/stumbling/skiing down. (Kinda like how Phoebe runs.) Anyway, this fact is important to the story. So yesterday I only went half way up because it had just snowed and it was very slippery. Here is a picture I took of some deer while I HAD my cell phone.


And here is the rescue party going back up the mountain about 5 hours later searching for said cell phone. It fell out of my pocket while I was flailing down the path. I couldn't believe how well Sam did hiking. He wanted to go all the way up to the top, but thank goodness I talked him out of it. ;)








So, you're all probably thinking, "bummer, she lost her cell phone". Well check it out - I found it laying in the snow on the way back down right in the middle of the path! AND it still works!!! I thought for sure it would be busted after being in the snow so long, but no, I can still play solitaire to my little hearts content. Oh yeah, and call people too.
A hundred years ago when Mitch and I were first dating he got me a watch for X-mas and one of the times we were dragging in the desert I lost it. So I forced my Mom to take me back out there like two days later to look for it. I only knew vaguely were we had been and she was so patient while I combed the desert (Spaceballs anyone?) searching. Well, guess what? I found it! Crazy odds, but whatever. Maybe this is my one and only talent: finding random things out in nature. Now I just need to find my other turquoise earring that i bought from Chief Yellowhorse...



8 comments:

Ashley said...

WhaT a good workout. That is so awesome. I love finding something that seems impossible admist the wilderness! Glad I'm not the only solitare lover.

RaeAnn said...

One and only talent my hiney! You got skillz to pay the billz.

Unknown said...

1-Chief Yellowhorse loves you

2-Use your newly found cell phone & call your super fantastic friend Janae sometime.

3-I hope you at least thought of me, your hiking partner, during your hiking trip!

4-I really miss you!

Kelly and Steve said...

That hike looks like a lot of fun. Hope you're enjoying your time in Utah. Enjoy the snow. It will come to an end. Love the snow, but I love spring too. It's coming!!!

esther said...

What luck you have. I'm amazed you hike the Y in all that snow.

Summer said...

Nice work. You can use your special skills to help Mitch next time he loses his cell.

Glenn and Natalie said...

I can't beleive that you found it!! Good job eagle eyes! I can't belive that we couldn't get together---next time for sure!

staci baker said...

Wow, first of all--I love the ambition of your latest exercise routine. Second of all, you must have a gift because whenever I lose things, I almost never find them!