Tuesday, February 17, 2009

ANOTHER Road Trip

Last week the residency director from the rural track in Spokane WA, called and said that if we want to be "competitive" we need to see the bustling town of Colville (est. pop. 10,000). So, Thursday afternoon we packed up and headed out. Actually, I've always wanted to go to Spokane so I was all for it.

Post nap hair. (the picture doesn't do it justice)

Our first night we stopped in Boise and descended upon RaeAnn and Paul. It was totally fun and I can't believe we didn't take ANY pictures! What kind of blogger am I!?!?! Anyway we had yummy enchiladas and watched The Office. Kimber Cats was there too so we got a double shot of B cousins. Their house is beautiful and looks like it should be in a magazine. RaeAnn had to leave at like 9 to supposedly give some drug tests... and then "pick her Dad up from the airport". It all sounded a little fishy to me.... j/k I have to admit I can see why these guys are the favorite and I'll gladly take second to them (yeah you heard me Kenna and Jason, I said SECOND)! ;)
Anyway, back to the trip. We got to Coleville Friday night and I liked it. It's dang small, but there is a lumber mill there and so it smells like Fort Bragg and there are the prettiest mountains around it. So, Saturday we drove around a little, Mitch checked out the hospital and then we headed out. A long drive for such a short time there, but oh well. So that night we stopped in Missoula, MT and Mitch and I had a lovely Valentines in a nice hotel...with the boys. Very romantic. ;) The next morning we started driving and Mitch is like I think we should stop and see Ben and Cara (more cousins from the B family). He had thought that to go see them it would be like 3 hrs out of the way, but it was actually only like a half hour so kinda last minute we called and asked if we could stop for a visit. These guys are so fun (it must be in their genes). Sam and Ben had a blast with their two girls and I finally remembered to get me camera out!
There was some dancing by Miss Ruthie and Sam.






After a yummy dinner, ice cream cones were given.

Look how gorgeous these girls are!


Margo was Ben's best friend, especially when he was eating.

Ben and Miss Judy Gail had jumping contests while the older ones played the wii.


Cara loved on the boys. (please disregard the creepy red eyes of my kid)






And finally after little ones were in bed we played Scene It. (I think I have a new favorite game) It was close but I won the first round and Ben killed us in the second. It was really cold there, but it is SO pretty. They are like 20 minutes north of Yellowstone. Good times. Oh, and I got to cross three states off my list of places to go! Idaho, Washington and Montana - very nice.

6 comments:

The Pullins said...

I'm sooo jealous! Yellowstone is absolutely gorgeous even if you are on the outskirts. Missoula is beautiful too! Of course I might be biased, but Montana rocks!!

Jason and Kenna said...

Man, I want to go.

Ashley said...

Wow, I didn't realize that we were totally left out of the visiting trip. Glad things all went well though, and I can't believe you haven't been in MT< ID, or WA Meg! Glad you got to go to some of them. Hopefully we can see you guys when you move up here:-)

RaeAnn said...

Yes, you were dream house guests. I wish we could have played more, but with my mandatory drug testing, I mean drug test administering, I was a little strapped. Oh, and I probably would have stayed with B&K too except that we held a few things hostage that now you will never get back...can you say Dr. Suess? Stinky Face? MUHAHAHA

staci baker said...

Sounds fun! (Kind of) I'm so glad that you now can now say that you've been to Idaho. Isn't it so pretty? (ha-ha, not in Feb) Glad you got up there to Colville. And yes, what a romantic Valentines Day with boys in tow. ;)
P.S. Loved your comment on my blog. It made me laugh. I'd forgotten about that song!

Drostan said...

I don't BELIEVE my eyes....was Ben wearing a BYU shirt? Mitch, I knew you would see the light eventually. I just didn't see it coming this soon.