Sunday, July 6, 2008

2nd Favorite Holiday

Fourth of July! Love it. Especially when it's 80 degrees with a nice breeze. So Mitch was out of the country in NYC and my sister Kelly came to visit. Thank goodness too or I might have had to run away and join the circus. (I think I could do the trapeze or at least be a clown) Anyway, we had a really good time and I'm so glad she came! We made pinwheels and popsicles and just played most of the day. We also went to see the city fireworks even though they didn't start until 10:30 because that's when it finally gets dark here! It was worth it even though we weren't very close. America = Awesome.







5 comments:

Jason and Kenna said...

Awesome. It's weird being over here on the 4th because it's not celebrated. But J and I are trying to fix that...the neighbors aren't keen on it yet, but they will be as soon as they stop calling the cops on us.

Ashley said...

What's the 1st favorite Holiday...? Christmas? Sorry Mitch is out of town, not fun. I have a whole new respect for you Meg, being in all these new places with Mitch so busy, and you with 2 kids to entertain. Today's Nolans first day at work and I am stressing to think of what to do, I don't think I can even find our way to anything from the hotel. Scary! I'm a huge worrier.

Tippetts said...

I'm a worrier too and I've never had to hang by myself in a hotel with a nino! Maybe they have a pool or park nearby. You'll be awesome! :)

Trisha Mason said...

Sam and Ben are getting so big! We had a nice relaxing 4th...we took Aidan to see Wall-E and just relaxed at his parents' house. Last year we had a little get together at your house, remember? That was alot of fun :)

staci baker said...

The fireworks in Idaho didn't start until like 10:10, so hear ya. Looks like a good time with Kelly. It's so fun to see pictures of our Camelot Place. You guys are probably taking off soon. Hopefully Michigan treated you well! I'll call ya sometime to find out details.