So, my second spousal unit, Lindsey and I decided to go on a trip - just us! I've never done a girls' trip before, so I was pretty pumped. We chose Chicago. I don't know why except we had never been and it seemed like a good idea.
Our first night there we had to try some traditional deep dish pizza at Gino's. I thought it was pretty good, but I will stay true to my love of New York style. We signed our names at our booth since it seemed like a few ppl had done it before us.
We stayed at the Millennium Knickerbocker hotel and yes, it was chosen because of it's awesome name. It was close to the Magnificent Mile so we didn't have to rent a car and could just walk around.
The Lego Store - We documented some of the amazing creations they had in there for our little boys.
The next morning we started off with wheat grass shots at Jamba Juice. BIG MISTAKE!
We felt sick for hours after. How can it be good for you!?!?
It's so bad you chase it with an orange slice!
The Water Tower. Such cool buildings here. We heard that Chicago is like New York but cleaner and nicer. I really have to agree.
I don't remember why we took this. Just having a good time, I guess. Most of the pictures will look like this - our faces smushed together in front of something. Just get used to it.
I have to document that it was freezing there! So, so cold and I always knew it was the Windy City because of the wind, but to be there and feel it was a whole different experience. What were we thinking?!? Go in the summer!
We also went to some salon and got our lashes tinted. I had never even heard of this before, but it was great - looks like you are wearing mascara for a week or two. (not in this pic!)
We stopped at a bakery and had the most amazing croissants. The almond was the best - warm and soft in the middle and flaky on the outside. Yeah. Seriously, they were so good.
At the same bakery there was this little boy helping in his hat and apron. He was dang cute and working hard! Also, almost everyone there was very well dressed! Such a 'hip' place. That makes me sound really old, doesn't it?
Who takes selfies in a church? We do.
So, we didn't realize that it would be Saint Patrick's Day weekend when we would be there. We also didn't realize St. Patrick's Day in Chicago is like Mardi Gras in New Orleans! There were SO many people. And so many of them were thoroughly wasted. It was pretty crazy. But they really do dye the river green and it is BRIGHT green! I don't know how is can be environmentally kosher, but it was cool to see.
I love the lights in this one.
The had a bunch of Monets.
A few Renoirs
The classic picture from Ferris Buller. We told many Ferris jokes the whole trip, but really this painting is very cool.
It doesn't do it justice to see it here. I loved it - the light was so amazing.
This is Peace telling the God of War to stop fighting, but it looks to me like there is some romance brewing.
Later at The Bean.
Reflection in said Bean.
We did a bit of shopping. And by a bit, I mean a lot, but mostly we just gawked. Everything was out of our price range - Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Tiffanys, etc.
Pretending to hate her burger, but really it was delish.
Trying our first Sprinkles cupcakes back at the hotel. I don't think I need to say they were delicious.
We left on St. Patrick's Day proper. Obviously we take the holiday quite seriously. We also got matching huge hoop earrings to commemorate the trip.
This was landing in Salt Lake for my connection and it was just so pretty I had to include it. I also have to mention that when I got home, the house was clean, the kids had had a great time, and Mitch also had taken out a wall in our living room and finished it! So basically he could do my job with both hands tied behind his back. Oh well, I was still happy to be home and can't wait to go on another girls excursion!








3 comments:
I will try very hard not to be bitter. You do know that Chicago is only 4 hours from Muncie? haha. glad you had such a great time.
This looks awesome! I think I felt a little of the jealousy that others did after our posts.
Your bangs look awesome.
You should buy that white dress or skirt.shirt because it looks slammin.
You know it's not really the windy city because of wind, right? it's the politicians.
I am so happy for you that your dreaded wall is G-O-N-E! And please tell mitch I am impressed that he did it by he-self.
I want to see pictures of said wall! And I love this post. I am so jealous that you went on a trip with one of your best friends. What a great idea, Chicago looks so fun. Nolan agrees with you about it being like New York just cleaner. He loves Chicago. I want to eat all the foods you tried. My kinda trip!
Post a Comment