Monday, March 3, 2014

Ain't No Thang

Last weekend we had the pure unadulterated pleasure of having The Artisans for a visit! Of course, I didn't take enough pictures but I'm hoping the two videos at the end will make up for it. Don't skip ahead, either! Dooooonnnn't do it!  Stay strong. So, they got here on Thursday night and the plan was to have Taffy do some work in the A.M. and then head over to the indoor water park. Unfortunately, we had to do some improvising when Sam threw up in the middle of the P.M. We quarantined him upstairs most of the day and just kind of hung out. Mitch helped Paul fix something in their car and RaeAnn and I went to run an errand. 

(Macy is so sweet and happy! She has the most amazing natural curl Mohawk going on. The picture does not do it justice.)


She needed to get a gift for a baby shower that she was going to and I may have slightly shang-highed her into Cost Plus to help me find things to decorate with. I love her style and knew she would find good stuff. Which she did!  



That night we had chicken wings-Mitch's specialty. (the table is full of decorations - please forgive) 

So, RaeAnn was holding a little one and her cup accidentally spilled. Then as I went to get napkins Mitch used his chicken-y fingers to steal my drink and also spilled it everywhere! Maybe you had to be there, but I thought it was pretty hilarious.

Look at those cute matching jammies and the cute girls inside of them!

Lotto and Jeda picked up their relationship right where it left off and had some good times. (besides watching Frozen)

Saturday the big boys (Mitch and Paul) got up early and went to Silver Mountain to get in some skiing/boarding. RaeAnn went to her shower with Katie Ann and Macy and I took the rest of the kids with me to meet the guys at the water park. I think everyone had a good time! Later when we all got home, the grown ups (and Macy) went to dinner. We tried to take them to our favorite place - The Flying Goat- but the wait was dumb. So we ended up at a place right by our house. Which was good because we got a call saying that Lottie was throwing up now. I felt SO bad! I feared the whole crew was contaminated. Anyway, we hurried home and the Artisans loaded up and headed back to Seattle. They wanted to be back for church... or just didn't want to hang out with us anymore... or didn't want to get sick for sure. All I know is I took this picture because Mitch says that only old ladies wear scarves, so RaeAnn was living up to that look. It also should be noted they FORCED me to send my salad back due to blue cheese and we had a REALLY good time!

Ok, you can only watch these if you read to whole post first. I don't make the rules. Anyway, listen carefully for Paul yelling "Whiskeeeeey" right before he goes off the jump!


Favorite quote in this one: "You Idiot"! 


Favorite quote of the trip also by Paul: "And don't forget the Pre-Heat".  Oh man, we gotta hang out again soon.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is Anna Mae - just looked at all your BLOG posts. SO FUN. I love the Disneyland Princess pics. That must have been so fun with Lottie. Love that you and Arnesons have such a great time together.

RaeAnn said...

I love it when Mitch says, "That was poor planning". So much fun! Like so much. Paul is wondering if Mitch has a bruise.
I am wondering if you got stuff above your cupboards.
I am glad you specified that our fun was pure and unadulterated, because adulterated fun is not pure.
Thank you for being amazing hosts!!!

Jason and Kenna said...

I can't really even comment on this right now, because I may be a little bit girl jealous angry that we aren't there and have to manifest it through non comment. I will revisit....after Jason watches those videos.

Tippetts said...

We were missing the Brocks! Can't wait for the day we get to all hang out!

Jason and Kenna said...

Alright, ready...heh...

So, the question that must be asked is if in the video where Mitch is telling Paul to go faster and 'scouting' the landing, if he saw the great big pit that dude was about to go into...I'm guessing yes. Both of those videos made me laugh hard. Looked like good snow too. Also did Mitch mean to run into Paul, my guess is also yes. ridiculous.

That trip looked fun even with the throwing up. Chicken wings, inside jokes, snow, and house decorating...pretty solid visit.

Yep we will all hang out and the one by one vote each other out but the winner will be ostracized while the rest of us become better friends in our tossed aside state...it's worth the sacrifice of one....

Tippetts said...

He probably saw the pit, but I don't think he meant to run into Paul - it hurt him more I think. ha! Love the voting idea - we can do it Survivor style! (I've never actually watched that show, but I'm sure it would be cool)