Friday, April 25, 2014

Spring break traditions

What do we do for Spring Break? We go to Pacific City, Oregon, that's what. I think it's our 3rd yr in a row doing this. Anyway, we love it there. It can be cold and rainy, but we still like it. We went with the Wangsgards again too. First stop - Tillamook for some free cheese, factory tour and delicious ice cream.


*notice she is holding the salt along with her cone. I'm sure they were put together. Ugh.

The place we stayed at had a hot tub which was great for the kids. Here are the girlies modeling their super cute swimsuits.

General beach pictures. The cold doesn't bother them anyway.

Ben's artwork


Multiple moats for protection from the tide. They lost the battle though.

Some cool Frisbee thing

Mitch was wearing one of the little girl's bike helmet. He likes helmets. We discovered 'Dirty Coke's (or 'Dirty Dr Peppers') right before we left so that was our treat most nights. We played Trivial Pursuit and watched movies. It was great. We actually had some friends from our old ward over for dinner one night because they were randomly there at the same time. It was fun. 

A little too foggy to see all of Haystack Rock.

Sam loves to be buried in the sand. It was chilly, but I don't think he feels it. Crazy.

We were plagued with car trouble most of the trip. We had to replace all the tires from a bubble in one, got a huge chip in the windshield and then the power steering went out and had to be replaced. I'm so glad Mitch knows his way around a car!

Mitch brought his Zodiac and they went crabbing a few times. 
-The Gordon Fisherman showing the boys what they caught.

Another adventure was these two went diving one day and the waves were so rough on the way out that it knocked Marc out of the boat and Mitch couldn't get to him and had to get to shore. He had to call the Coast Guard but Marc was able to swim to shore. They lost some diving equipment, but he didn't die.
 So that was good. 

All the boys went deep sea fishing one day. These are all the fish they caught -so gross.
 But the fish tacos that night were amazing!


Lottie's treasures found on the beach.

The tide pools.




This is Mitch surveying the waves/tide. It was too rough for them to dive unfortunately. Poor guy. We just need to plan another trip soon!

3 comments:

RaeAnn said...

OK, I am shivering, I can feel the cold. BUT I can also take your's and Mitch's great cooking, so that took the chill off a bit.

wsindel said...

Oh man, the cuteness of those swimsuit poses!!! And "...but he didn't die. So that was good. " LOL. Wow!

Jason and Kenna said...

Agree with Wendy on the swimsuit poses.

What is a trip with Mitch if someone doesn't almost die, but definitely makes it out alive because it makes for the best story ever and also the person that almost dies is never Mitch...of course....Just saying, suspect.

Also though, I was rethinking our Tahoe decision when I saw how awesome this all looks...