I thought I would have to say this a long time ago. But it has finally happened. Poor LuLu (Ben's hamster) has passed away. The reason I thought I would be saying this earlier is because of how many times she has miraculously escaped death! Let's review; Ben would carry her around with him all over the house and sometimes outside. Despite my pleadings to hold her gently and close to his body, he would just swing her around like crazy as he went. (He loved her and would talk about how cute she was ALL the time. ) She was dropped many a time. She got lost in the couch more times than I can count. She was lost in the house for a week span once or twice. A house with a pet cat! Speaking of the cat, twice I found her literally IN the cats mouth and rescued her. And finally when the Tippetts were graciously babysitting for us, Boyd stepped on LuLu unknowingly. Full force. He felt so bad, but it was an accident. They said she was bleeding a little and didn't move for hours. They thought she was dead for sure. Slowly she came back. Miracle! Her little paw was wonky after that but didn't slow her down at all. I thought she would be scared all the time and perhaps have a heart attack with all she went through, but she didn't and would sit with Ben happily. I think she loved him right back. Maybe that's silly, but whatever. We are a pet family and I'm sure we will be adding more as time goes by. Tyler has some Chinchillas the boys are pumped about- We'll see. When we told Ben about LuLu, he was sad and there were tears welling, but when we told him we could go get another hamster right then he brightened. He picked out a white one and has named her Nibbles. She is fast and has escaped once under Ben's bed. We don't have a cat any more, so she has a much better chance I think! Anyway, RIP LuLu - we will miss you!
Wednesday, November 6, 2013
The Ballad of LuLu
LuLu
Nibbles
Posted by Tippetts at 2:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
amazing. I can't believe you caught her straight up in the cat's mouth! I'm guessing she was just moving her from place to place so she didn't get lost/stepped on/swung around. nibbles is cute, and that is coming from a non-pet family.
I really want a song to be written and sun by the Team Tippetts family. Also, it's a good thing pets are replaceable....no offense past pets of our family.
Post a Comment