I feel like I only blog about the big events or trips we go on and since this is suppose to be a journal as well, I am going to try to start blogging more about the day to day things we do around here. The daily grind. More meat and potatoes type stuff. Maybe less pictures and more words. Anyway, we'll see how it goes.
Now to start off with an event! It was Sam's 9th birthday on the 12th (which I previously lamented but didn't talk about what we actually did). Since his 8th birthday was such a big sha-bang, we went super chill this year. He requested donuts for his breakfast and to go to McDonalds for lunch.
He was able to pick a friend (Greg) and we took them to Sky High to jump on the trampolines and play dodge ball to their hearts content.
Mitch had to work that day, so we picked him up when he was done and went to Red Robin (yum) for dinner. (super healthy day for us)
Then we went home for presents.
We had cake and sang to him on Sunday.
As for the other children, their birthdays are later.
Lottie saw her cousin, Taya, doing ballet in AZ and is now pretty into it. She doesn't know what she is doing and neither do I, but it's fun. I am looking into dance classes for her. But since we want to get Ben and Sam into some gymnastic classes, maybe she could start with that and see if she likes it.
She also likes to do her own hair...
using all flowers and clips at once.
I actually do it sometimes...but not very often I admit. That's why heavenly father gave her curls, because he knew I was a slacker!
Ben is into climbing (do you see him?) trees. And ANYTHING.
I walked by the bathroom the other night and saw this. It was so awesome.
I love Fall and we have been having beautiful sunny and brisk days here! Also, cold and cloudy ones which I also love. This is a tree in our front yard.
Unfortunately with all our pretty trees, we are finding the cleanup of leaves is not so much fun. This is just a VERY small sampling of what we (and I mean mostly Mitch and the boys) have picked up and it's not over yet!








1 comments:
Picking up leaves is a pointless, thankless task, like washing the outside of your car...It's so hard to do well, then in 2 minutes it's dirty again...Negetive stuff done.
That tree in your front yard is awesome, but second to the flexing.
Sam is handsome and who wants to eat healthy on their birthday?
Lottie sports a ballerina with the best of them. I'm interested to see how that progresses.
I like the writing.
Post a Comment