We went up to Greenbluff for pumpkins again this year. This time the weather was perfect and we had a really great time. The boys did the little corn maze that leads to a castle and we took Lottie on the bouncy slide and tractor train thing.
Then, on to the pumpkins!
The little log cabin they have is always a favorite.
She picked out a white pumpkin and named it "little pumpkin". She seriously played with that thing for days and carried it around the house (dropping it frequently and I thought it would bust). She also would cover it with blankets and talk or sing to it. One or two nights she slept with Little Pumpkin. (I promise she has other toys and dolls!) I didn't think she would want to carve it when the time came, but sure enough she was all about it!
We went to our ward trunk or treat but the costumes we ordered for the boys hadn't gotten there yet. So, Sam busted out his Jedi costume from last year that still fit and we threw together a Hobo costume for Ben. (The boys talk about hobos a lot and how you can't let them in your house or they will never leave because they will want to live there - I don't know where they got it!) Lottie couldn't decide between a butterfly, fairy, ballet dancer, princess, cat or bunny. It changed each time I asked, so we went with a ballerina with wings. She liked it.
After the trunking and the chili/cornbread dinner, the youth were in charge of carnival games for the kids. They loved it! Making cookie monsters was a favorite.
Carved pumpkins.
I forgot to get a picture of the one we did at Sam's cub scout pack meeting. At the last minute we added a curly mustache to it (think old timey bad guy that would tie you to railroad tracks type mustache.) and we won the contest! Sam was pretty pumped about the bag of peanut butter M&M's that was the grand prize.
On actual Halloween we joined up with the Wangsgards. We were going to do our cult a sac and then drive to Manito Blvd. where we went last year and we really liked it. But half way thru the sac Lottie had to have Mitch run her to the bathroom again and we feared the Big D. And taking her where no bathrooms were available didn't seem like such a good idea. So we stayed and tried out our new neighborhood and I'm glad we did! Manito is still pretty cool, but there were lots of families out here and tons of fun houses and everyone was really friendly. Here are the kids afterwards. Ben was a ninja and Sam was a zombie Star Wars trooper. (Lottie was the same ballerina) It was a very successful night!
The next day the trading began. We have so much candy in our house right now, it's crazy.








2 comments:
Look at that loot. So do you let them at it in whatever way they choose or do you limit? Also I love your floors.
And I still keep thinking about last year at this time too. Pretty sweet. Hopefully it won't take another year for fun times to resume. Yep, it you I'm talking to Barack.
We let them kinda go crazy that night and then the rationing begins. Also, Mitch started a thing where if we find a wrapper on the floor, we get to pick a piece out of their bucket. A sucker stick left out means we get 2.
Post a Comment