Monday, June 3, 2013

Oregon Spring Break

We always stop here when we go west. Sing it Justin: 'Bring-it-on-down-to-BurgerVille'
Killer shakes and fries.

We got there in time for the sunset. Not too shabby.



Love it.

Group kid shot.

We had Easter - hid eggs and had a big ham dinner.


The boys did some skin boarding and discovered if someone pulls you, it's much more fun. They thought about bringing the car down and being pulled by that... but thank goodness they didn't.

Some tide pooling.

These things were gross.

Tons and tons of these-
 
Lottie wanted to show me what she found... (psst, it's a rock)
 


We found a new spot that we named "Secret Beach" and it had a ton of good sand dollars.

It's also where we put in some crab pots. Here is a picture of the boat... floating away with no one in it! It wasn't anchored right, I believe.

Here is a picture of the nice fishermen who kindly rescued it for us.

A game of catch.

There were a group of sea lions there that just hung out and we could get pretty close to. It was cool.

We went to the air museum in town when it was raining. The hanger itself was the best part - huge!
 
 
Of course!

It has bars perfect for swinging.



and ice cream perfect for eating.
 
Ha! Kind of reminds me of the hot dog on a stick place in the mall and the hats they had to wear.
 
The boys also rented some surf boards and braved the water.

We tried to watch from the beach, but it was so windy and cold we didn't last too long.

Little boys in wet suits are pretty dang cute.



We saw a lot of this. It's so pretty and green there - I love it!


1 comments:

Jason and Kenna said...

Every single one of those pictures I wanted to either be taking or in them. Looked awesome. I liked the one of Mitch and Ben (I think) in wet suits, running with boards (I double think?)...made me feel nostalgic for some reason...could be Bon Iver in the background or your instragram app who knows. miss.you.guys.