Monday, June 3, 2013

Ben's Birthday

Ben is super into camping, so that was the perfect theme for him.
Breakfast - waffle tent and strawberry milk
 
Food:

(cuz he is SIX now)




Campfire cake (surprisingly easy)
 

He always does this pose - I don't know why! I think he is doing that move from Night at the Museum - "Fire Power". Also, please note he is holding LuLu his pet hamster that he loves AND is still alive.

Waiting for the guests.

Painting bird houses


It's hard to tell, but that is a tent piñata.

Roasting marshmallows.


 
 

Opening presents (sweet blanket from Jamo and Papa)
 
All he asked for from us was a "hiking backpack". We had him come downstairs to find his presents and we had also gotten him a new bike. See it there in the corner? He didn't even notice it! Totally into the backpack.

"Ben, look at the new bike!"
"huh? Where?"
We literally had to point it out to him! Pretty hilarious.

But then he was happy.




We went out to dinner at the traditional Red Robin -it's pretty sweet when restaurants off free stuff on b-days and you have two in a family with the same birthday. A few Lego guys made the trip and had some adventures at the table:


 
Birthday Boys.

Since I did the big Scuba party for Mitch last year, he said he didn't want one this year, so he had a pretty low key day. But his present he got that night was dang sweet... It was pretty big... The most expensive thing we have ever bought, actually. (does medical school count though, because that is crazy expensive) More on the present to come... dun dun duuuuuuunnnnn...

3 comments:

Jason and Kenna said...

WHAT??? Seriously...you can't end a blog post like that. I have too many of those in my life right now with all tv shows ending for their seasons...blah...MEGAN...Also, Ben is my dream child...hiking backpack for his birthday...one can only wish and hope.

RaeAnn said...

Yeah, I thought his night time gift might be TMI, but you left me wanting the I, so please share!
Your bday parties R-O-C-K!
You are my future pinterest.

Glenn and Natalie said...

Awesome birthday but how in the world did Ben get to be 6? He was a baby when you guys left NY!