Thursday, September 13, 2012

San Juan I

Once the Tippetts and Brownings got here and mud races were run, we promptly left town and headed over to the San Juan Islands. Specifically Orcas Island. We'd never been over there, but had heard good things.
You have to take a ferry - what with it being an island and all.
 
Waiting for the ferry.
 
We stayed in a little house that had access to the ocean. They had kayaks to use.

Cousins on the zodiac.


Here is the house. I want it so bad. I took pictures of every room, because I didn't want to forget how cool it was! The path led up to 2 little cabins the kids slept in.


This one cracks me up. I love technology....but not as much as you, you see.

Don't worry, we read books too.

Ben passed out on Preston's shoulders. Classic. Just wait, you'll see.

So, Kenna FORCED me to go running with her frequently and we saw a bald eagle! Eating a deer! It was crazy. We saw a ton of other animals actually. Bunnies, deer, etc. It was kind of like a Disney movie...

 
...except for this guy! Kenna pointing so you can see how big they were. They were plentiful. Gross.

See?

Are you even kidding me!?!?!
 

This was how to get down to the beach from the house. Precarious at best.

Digging for clams. Those suckers found a ton and ate them one night. Not I, though. *gag*

Story: Paul and RaeAnn were on their way to Seattle, so they stopped by to stay with us here for a night. It was awesome! So when they got there we were down by the water and Paul decided to join in the kayaking. Kenna challenged him to an innocent game of Chicken... Well, he ended up tipping and getting slightly/totally soaked! Pretty funny, but don't worry Kenna also got wet because Mitch would go by her as fast as possible in the zodiac creating a big wave and almost dumping her as well.

There was a fire pit out by the cabins, so S'mores were necessary.

Many games were played. Banana Grams and Uno topping the list. (I love Jenna in this one)
More to come...

4 comments:

Hall of Halls said...

Looks like an awesome trip. That house is cool & I love the porch. Kenna's baby is so cute!

Anna Mae and Boyd said...

I feel so bad that I haven't sent you the pics I have, especially of the Dirty Dash. I am lame. Love all the pics, brings back those good memories. Love the first day pictures also, I'm with you, how did Ben get that big?? See you soon!!

Jason and Kenna said...

I would like to go back please.

Super cute Catherine, especially when she just snotted into my mouth, but really I do agree with you.

abby said...

That place looks like a dream!