Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Tractor Derby? What?

 Oh yes, we went to a Combine Tractor Derby! It was in Lind a small town west of us and it was awesome. They use these old combine tractors and decorate them. Then they just smash into each other - it's crazy, but so fun. I was a little unsure going to it, but now I'm thinking it's going to be a yearly tradition.

Here they are all lined up at the beginning.
These were two of our favorites - the Red Solo Cup (see  the big cup on the back - it was full of water and was swinging and sloshing) and then of course the chicken suit guy. We would each pick a favorite for each heat and see whose lasted the longest.

The Wynn's! I'm so sad, these guys got a job and moved to Twin Falls last week. Boo! We are going to miss you big time!

It was a little chilly and cloudy but at least it wasn't super dusty and hot like last year (I was told). We also got pelted by dirt and rocks. A lot. - it was a little wild. Next time we will try to sit up higher.



 Treyson, Greg and Sam
 Blue Lou was there and it was so good to see him! He is the one who told us about this little event. He and his family come up every year apparently. He is awesome. Those two are like little kids together.

This guy was hilarious! He was the official during the truck races (fun also) and was wearing a full light pink suit complete with bowler hat. 

3 comments:

esther said...

Looks like fun! I've noticed we don't ever see you in the pictures, Megan.

Jason and Kenna said...

Is that Sam wearing the cowboy hat? I'm NEVER opposed to dressing up for an occasion. Awesome.

Tippetts said...

yes -he was also wearing a bandana around his neck! I should have included that picture.