Friday, August 3, 2012

Little Lottie Lou is Two!

Here you go Esther! Lottie and Mama on her birthday.
 So, for Lottie's birthday I went with a rainbow theme. Just because I couldn't think of another time I could use it and there are a lot of really cute ideas out there right now for it. Anyway, I didn't get to about half of those cute ideas actually done, but that is usually how I roll, right? The streamers came for Oh Happy Day (why mine wouldn't hang evenly is a mystery). You can't really see it, but there were ice cubes made out of different colored kool-aid and we put them into cups of Sprite for the kids and it would change color. They seemed to like it.
 Ice cream sandwiches with sprinkles. Big hit.
 Fruit kabobs.
 So,  the cake was a fiasco. I wanted to do one of those cool rainbow layered cakes (kind of like the cupcakes we do on St. Patricks), but the layers stuck to my pans and came out in chunks. So, I thought ok, I will make cake balls at least. Nope. The stuff I tried to dip them is was too thick or something. Anyway, that didn't work either. I'm not going to lie, there may have been some tears and Mitch talking me down. in the end we ran to the store for a last minute cake. Oh well. (I am going to try to make that cake again sometime though - it will not beat me! :)
 (I couldn't decide which face I liked better, so I put in both)


 She is a turkey. But a cute turkey.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

You always have such great parties! So cute! And that little girl is breathtakingly adorable. Kudos to Mitch for talking you down, you guys are great together.

esther said...

Thanks for the picture! Cute party ideas! I want to see that cake when you master it.

Hall of Halls said...

She is so cute!
I hate when I spend time baking something & it doesn't turn out...you will have to post your cake success when you try it again.

RaeAnn said...

That is a party I would like to be at, because rainbows and Lottie rock!

Anna Mae and Boyd said...

Love all the pictures, but those last two melted my heart. Seriously, you are the best mom!

Jason and Kenna said...

The tricycle is awesome as of course is that last picture...But how about her birthday cake faces??? Awesome.