I can't believe my Sam is SIX! The day started with his choice of breakfast - donuts and chocolate milk.
And the day ended with his choice of dinner - Applebees. (I guess these should go at the end, but I'm too lazy to move them!)
This year Sam wanted a LEGO theme for his party. He has been really into them and I'm always impressed with what he builds! Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of Lego party supplies, so I had to make most of it. (*please note NONE of these things were my idea - I got everything from blogs and party websites!)
Here are the invitations: I used primary colors to decorate and I found some note cards that matched. I cut out the circles and used those little foam tab things to raise them up a little so it looked a little like a Lego block. I downloaded some Lego font for the inside.
More Lego font - those are suppose to look like Lego blocks...


More Lego font - those are suppose to look like Lego blocks...
I thought this was a cute idea- try to guess how many Legos, but the kids weren't that into it and we got guesses like "20 40 600" (that's suppose to be one number?).

I found some Lego candy for the goody bags and the kids loved them. I also wanted to get a mold and make Lego crayons and candles for the cupcakes, but I didn't order it in time. Oh well.
First, the kids built a "creation"- I had them talk about it and then we gave each one an award for it. Like, the tallest or best use of propellers, etc.. It was kind of hard to think of each one on the fly, so I would recommend having some time to judge or collaborate or something.
Everyone got a hardhat. We were doing major construction!
Next they built Lego cars and then raced them down the ramp.

This is a bad picture of it, but we made a pinata. I used a regular box, cut 2 holes in the top and used plastic cups for the bumps(?). Then wrapped it all up in red paper.
It took forever to break it open and Anna Mae helped me keep the kids back and organized. I was surprised they didn't' get bored, but everyone seemed happy.


First, the kids built a "creation"- I had them talk about it and then we gave each one an award for it. Like, the tallest or best use of propellers, etc.. It was kind of hard to think of each one on the fly, so I would recommend having some time to judge or collaborate or something.
Everyone got a hardhat. We were doing major construction!
Next they built Lego cars and then raced them down the ramp.
This is a bad picture of it, but we made a pinata. I used a regular box, cut 2 holes in the top and used plastic cups for the bumps(?). Then wrapped it all up in red paper.
It took forever to break it open and Anna Mae helped me keep the kids back and organized. I was surprised they didn't' get bored, but everyone seemed happy.
After that Anna Mae had made up a treasure hunt with hidden clues that rhymed and they had to do something at each clue. They LOVED this!


Here they are making a 












10 comments:
I love this idea and all the pictures. Maybe for Thomas' 6th birthday!
So many great party ideas! Even though you said you got them from the internet you did an awesome job at putting it all together! Happy SIX Sam!
This idea ROCKS...Mya had a blast at this party...you're a great mom with great ideas!!!
What a fun b-day! You always throw such fun b-day parties.
Wow Megan I am totally impressed even if you got the ideas somewhere else. It looks like the kids had a total blast. I love birthday parties. Sam is so cute and ya, I can't believe he is six. Hopefully we will get to see you guys someday:)
Wow, that is impressive that you kept that many kids coralled and entertained (and alive!) The whole thing looks like so much fun!
You always throw the best parties! Looks like a lot of kids though. You might be just a touch crazy...
I like Ben in the background of the bike picture...he's like "Sweet, while Sam's distracted with that gift I'm going in for the others".
Classic Ben.
The party was so much fun. Megan you give too much credit to everyone else. You did the work and pay so much attention to details. I'm happy that we were there and we part of everything. Still can't believe that Sam is 6. The balloon looked great in the picture!
you are amazingly talented!! Those munchkins are so lucky to have you.
Post a Comment