Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Oregon Trip

Way back in Feb. we went to Pacific City, OR - it was amazing! So beautiful there. There are many, many pictures so I will not give a ton of description. Oh, and there is no real order - sorry!
The beach - LOVED IT

We had a few sunny days when we first got there.

When it was raining we went to a bowling ally that wouldn't let us bowl because the kid's league was going. (even though when we called earlier they said it was clear).
Tippetts vs. Machan Generation One
Generation Two

Tried to fly a kite, but it just nose dived down and the little boys would jump on it. This was as high as they got it.



Mitch and I saw this house and were like, yeah I guess we could take it. It's alright.


I love the ocean.
The boys took Mitch's "dive-yak". (mitch didn't get to dive at all since the water was too rough, poor guy)


Almost there! But, alas they didn't make it past the breakers and finally came back in.

The little boys loved sliding down the dunes. Endless entertainment.



The back of our sweet diggs - Thank You, Wintch's - it was amazing!


Thick as thieves! We had the best time just listening to these two.
Building a fire on the beach.

And roasting Starbursts - mmmmmm!
We drove up to Tillamook about 20 min. north to go through the factory. *A word about Tillamook products; Holy Cow - so GOOD! I had heard of the cheese, but never tried it. Big mistake. Well, up here there is cheese, yogurt, sour cream & ice cream. Probably the best ice cream ever. Not exaggerating at all. Tillamook, I love you.

So with all that great ice cream to get there, the boys wanted lollipops. Of course.









Another rainy day we went to a different bowling alley - notice the sweet banner. :)
This is where I think I threw my back out (I feel SO old saying that). It didn't hurt then, but the next day we left and the 8 hour drive was pretty hard and for about a week after I was immobile, or as Mitch would say 'non ambulatory'. I also couldn't take any stinkin good drugs being prego and all! I couldn't sit at the computer for more than 5 min. so that is why this post is so late. Poor me, blah blah blah.



The last day was super windy and that is Mitch chasing his boogie board.


Note the difference in attire here. He was crazy!






Earlier the boys went boogie boarding.




We loved it!



12 comments:

Whitny said...

wow. that looks like a fantastic vaca. Kids are so so cute.

The Wynn Family said...

very very fun! I love the Oregon Coast it is just so pretty. Oh and
Tillamook cheese and especially the ice cream is a constant at our house...hum maybe that is why I can't lose those extra 10 lbs! :)

Leslie said...

Wow...so beautiful and what a great adventure!

Hall of Halls said...

I love all the photos! Two boys in a row is so fun. Tillamook makes good butter, too.

RaeAnn said...

I love me some Oregon coast and I LOVE me some Tillamook! Only disappointment on this post was you did not show your growing belly. wutupwitthat?

Lindsey M. said...

Mitch is cra-ZY! Those pictures make me miss it so! We love you guys.

Jason and Kenna said...

Man, back problems, seriously lame. Hope everything is up and running. Oh yeah, and, even if I've said it before, definitely a fan of Ben's mop.

The Millers said...

What a great vacation. I love the Oregon Coast. Oh, and Tillamook products are to die for. I WISH that I could find them out here. Nothing better, in my mind. Isn't the cheese factory fun?
Glad things are going well.

Lisa said...

I liked the beach pics, the after boarding pics, followed by kids in beenies pics, but you are missing new baby forming pics! And we agree, geeting older is so lame. Especially when recovery of getting hurt takes so long!

Ashley said...

What a fun trip, I am glad you went, and I agree Tilamook is one of my most favorite brands out there. MMMMMmmmmm...I'd love to go to the factory someday.

Kyle and Lacey said...

What an awesome trip! Those pics could have come out of a travel magazine ... seriously! I'm glad your back is starting to feel better.

Anna Mae and Boyd said...

I think we all need to move there. Glad you are feeling better. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY almost. I agree, want to see pics of the mommy.