Saturday, July 11, 2009

Misc.

I keep forgetting to put this up. The day we were moving from Phx. Mitch had Ben with him over at the Tippetts and I was at the house cleaning. Ben had a dirty diaper, but I had accidentally taken the diaper bag with me, so Mitch improvised with a dish towel and packing tape. Nice job, babe!

What else have we been up to?

Fun at a splash park.

Fun at the Primary Activity.
And fun at Girls Night Out.

*we found out we are actually NOT in this ward. We are 2 blocks away from the boundary line. I'm clinically depressed about the whole thing. The Beers and the Bakers are in the cool ward along with the other residents families and I've made about 7 really cool friends there. I'm so sad! I've tried to figure out a way to break our lease and find something in that ward, but I don't think it's going to happen. Yes, I'm being dramatic and no one is allowed to say, "oh you'll love your new ward', or 'there must be a reason you are suppose to be in this other ward', etc. etc.

10 comments:

Leslie said...

Yes, I agree it SUCKS you and your family isn't in our ward but doesn't mean you will lose the friends you made there. You are always welcome to come to every activity we have or just hang out with us. I truly enjoyed getting to know you better on Thursday especially standing outside in the parking lot just talking the night away. I'm totally going to copy the photo of the Ladies Night Out. Thanks so much for taking those photos for the primary activity and emailing them to me...I had a good laugh. As for you feeling dramatic about not being our ward...you're entitle to feeling that way and hope you find a way back in our ward but I hope to see more of you anyway....maybe running in the morning but then again if you have the "BIG D" you may want to be alone.lol

Ashley said...

That does stink, the ward seriously makes all the difference, trust me I know the feeling!!! Just break the rules and go. If they have a problem with it, just say you will go inactive if you can't go to that ward.
Love the picture of Sam's improvised diaper. Glad you guys are having fuN!

The Millers said...

I do know the "sucks" part about not being in the ward with your friends. We were released and are now in Plainview I...and I know hardly anyone. So, I feel your pain. Hopefully things get better for both of us soon.
PS: I LOVED your pics from your Cayman Islands trip. I told Brian that when it's time for another big trip, that's one I for sure want to go on. Amazing diving pictures. THanks for sharing. Hope Spokane is treating you well (I lived there as a small child. We moved to W. Washington when I was 5).

Hanna said...

The upside of going to a ward that you are not assigned to is that they can't technically allow you to hold a calling. Food for thought. ;) Really, though, it sucks.

Its fun seeing what you guys are up to!

Kyle and Lacey said...

Hey Megan! I linked to your blog from Staci's. I love seeing all your wonderful pics, but the part about you not being in our ward made me sad! We will all still get together regardless I hope. We have a blog too. We had to make it private because we kept getting some strange comments in Portuguese. If you would like an invite, please send me your e-mail address: lacetheace@hotmail.com.

Jason and Kenna said...

"It must be where the Big L wants you...just remember who are Megan"

RaeAnn said...

sometimes the Lord has to spread the cool couples out. It is like a nursery calling. YOu do your duty and suck it up, and the day it is over you enjoy the socialness of all in your ward again. But feel free to complain about it every week until that happens, because that is what I like to do.
Oh, and just when I was thinking I don't know anyone who uses cloth diapers, Mitch goes surprising me. I will have to ask him for tips and advice.

Wendy said...

I vote for the "Go to the cool ward anyway" route. At least ask the bishop if that would be ok.

Anna Mae and Boyd said...

You are talking to the queen of "this cannot possibly be my ward" No cliches from me.

Leslie said...

Megan, Here the website to that blog I spoke to you about at playground:
http://howaboutorange.blogspot.com/