Monday, July 6, 2009

The 4th

On Saturday we went up on Mt. Spokane to pick some strawberries. It was a gorgeous day and the strawberries we so good. I don't think Mitch actually got any into the flat - he just kept sampling. I was really excited to go up there because my Grandma Pullins grew up on a farm in that area!




I thought this barn was so pretty.

Summer came with us (Josh was on call - bummer).

The cherries will be ready in a few weeks - more to come on that!


After the picking we found this cool country store and got some ice cream and strawberry lemonade.

Later in the day we had friends over for a BBQ.
And then we all went over to a park to watch the fireworks.

Good times. I love the 4th!


3 comments:

Wendy said...

What great pictures! The strawberry picking trip looks like it was so pretty and you all look like you had a great time! BBQ and fireworks too, you guys must be loving it there!

Ashley said...

I really love those you pick places. Looks like a fun weekend.

Anna Mae and Boyd said...

I want to go to all those places. Nothing I love more than fresh strawberries. Ben and Sam are getting to look more and more alike. Can't wait to see you.