While getting supplies for the ward party at the dollar store, Lottie saw this hat and HAD to have it. She called it her cowgirl princess hat. Not quite what I was thinking of.
Then we completed the look with sunglasses. Elton John?!?
We went and got our Christmas tree on one of the coldest nights that we've had this winter. We didn't mean to, of course. We got out and said 'Yep that ones great' and jumped back into the car. I think it was like 2 degrees or something! I love it though. I don't think I can ever get a fake one. One drawback to having hard floors is that the ornaments keep breaking if they fall off.
Charlie has to stay home while we go to AZ. But we have a friend staying with him.
This is document my failure as a mother. I found this the other day. Check out how everyone has ditched Baby Jesus with Joseph and are all around the tree. Nice. I think it was Lottie or Ben... So, we are doubling (or perhaps tripling) our efforts in teaching the true meaning of Christmas!!!
Gingerbread house. Classic.
I love Ben in this one.
Ohhhhhhh. Ahhhhhhh.
Mitch and I went to his work's Xmas party on Saturday. It was at the Davenport which is so pretty. Then we left early and went to see The Hobbitt. WORST cliffhanger ever! ...Or does that make it the best? I wore these great red heels, but by the end of the night every stop was excruciating pain, so I had to run to the car barefoot on the freezing sidewalk. It was pretty hilarious.
Now we just need some SNOW before we leave!








5 comments:
OK, there is a lot going on here. The Elton John got an outloud laugh and "oh my gosh" to which J corrected me 'oh my goodness'. I love your new couch and rug in the living room! Your g bread house is freakishly good, and I'm going to have to pull a megan and be all, "I'm a bad mom after reading your post!" Annnddd... you did not fail as the mom. Your kids nailed the nativity; everyone else is off doing some cool Christmas things, and Mary and baby Jesus are like, ya we are napping and nursing so go have fun without us.
Mary had left too! Only Joseph was there. I guess it's good at least one person stayed with the baby? Yeah, the prebuilt Costco gingerbread house took about 15 min. so it doesn't really compare. ;)
Rae said basically what I was going to...words...but also, Ben's glasses are awesome. I feel like every kid should wear glasses from age 6-9...then have perfect vision after that.
That's right, Mary had a night out with friends, even though that's a little riskee...they don't call them 'wise men' for nothing...WHAT?
Love all these pictures. I am a little sad that everyone is getting older - especially Mitch. Loved the look on the kids faces, and Elton John is one of my favorites. I love that you have such big windows to look at the snow, and Charlie is the best Santadog. Made me smile with the Nativity. RaeAnn and Kenna's comments make me smile too. I loved this BLOG.
So excited, my comment was published. I am not a robot!!
Post a Comment