The girlies
I think this is while the boys went to the tide pools and the locks so all the ladies got to hang out.
This is what was done - Rae Ann was doing the wedding bouquets for her neighbor's fancy wedding - and look how beautiful they turned out! That girl had talent!
Our awesome hosts took us on a 'dinner cruise' - the little girls went to a babysitter and the rest of us went on their boat into the city for some food. It was SO nice out and not having to fight traffic or find a parking space was so cool. Instead you just pull up to the dock and walk right into the restaurant!
Some of Paul's brothers and sisters came too and were in the boat in front of us.
Chillin out.
This picture is so awesome - I love it! First you have Taffy and Rae babe making funny faces and then his niece nails the photo bomb!
Mitch took Taffy diving, so their very kind neighbors let us use their pool to keep kids entertained. Jenna is a little fish! Not afraid at all!
I'm a little more used to this:
(there is a little puddle in there. Good thing she plugged her nose!)
The boys loved the diving board.
Checking out the drain. Classic.
(These are all out of order, but whatevs!) We also got to take the boat out and just play on the tube. I guess it's not really a tube, but you know what I mean.
Mitch with the little ones.
Rawr! Hey there, good lookin'!
There were tons of crazy beautiful houses on the lake! Here are some that would be acceptable, I guess...
Oh, speaking of houses, on the dinner cruise the Arnesen's were showing us some sights of Seattle and we went by Bill Gates house. It was massive and you couldn't even see it all because apparently there is much more underground. Anyway, there was a few kids on the dock and then this older quite pale guy comes out. Yep, it was Bill. We used the binoculars and it looked exactly like him...so we think it was. Kinda cool.
Back to the boating!
Macey hung out like this most of the time. She is SO good!
The ladies had a turn.
This is me all "bring it on" and then immediately regretting it!
Then the boys had their turn.
Mitch on his own with his own 'bring it' gesture.
The crew
So, Sam doesn't not love fast boats. Not even Mitch's zodiac. But Paul was brilliant and told him he could drive. Oh man, then that kids was so happy. Sure we went slow back, but I'm so glad he loved it.
Boys at the tide pools touching squishy things.
Watching the salmon. Delicious salmon.
The locks.
Ok, so this was beyond hilarious. Mitch took Taffy diving -his first time. What follows is the adventures of putting on Mitch's old wetsuit.
We were laughing so hard because he kept saying the funniest things which I can't remember exactly, but I was crying! This is why I like warm water diving, because putting on a wetsuit ranks right up there with waxing your legs or some other awful torture I can't think of right now!
You have to remember, those things are designed to keep you warm underwater, so just hanging out in one in your kitchen gets toasty pretty quick! Poor guy!
Whew. Take a break!
Ta-Da! Success! I think he had a good time actually diving. He was a good sport either way!
Oh man, we had a GOOD trip! Never mind that Ben puked all over their floor - we want to come back!!!








3 comments:
there is no way anyone could fully capture the blast that we had. each one of these pictures made me think of something funny that someone said...probably me because I am the funniest. and for anyone that reads other comments...Megan taught me how to do flowers and I will take those life skills with me for, well, life!
Sometimes I wish you would warn us when I shouldn't read something because I would be too jealous. Keep that in mind for next time please. Also your 'This is what I'm used to' part made me laugh each time I read it. Then I made Whitney and Jason read it and they laughed too.
Rae Ann- All I did was hold the flowers and you put it all together!
Kenna- ALL your posts make me jealous. Hi Whit!!
Post a Comment