Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Recap

We had a great Christmas! It was a little strange being the first year we have ever been totally on our own. Usually we are visiting or having visitors. All our friends here were also gone or had other plans. So, we just had a quiet happy holiday.

Christmas eve morning started with reindeer and snowman pancakes (via pinterest)

And then it started snowing- hurray! A (mostly) white Christmas! It didn't snow for too long, but it was still fun.

That night we picked up Andy (one of the 2nd yr. residents) & her husband John and all went to Couer d'Alene for the 'Trip to the North Pole' lake "cruise". On the way Sam kept asking things like, "are there beds on the boat?" & "what time will we get back tomorrow?" - He was really thinking we were going to the North Pole and logistically how that would work! Pretty funny.
When you get on the boat they ask for your kids names and when you get to Santa's workshop he reads all the kids names who are on the "nice" list. Sam was seriously pumped to hear his. :)


It was pretty cold on the top deck if you wanted to be outside, but they sold hot chocolate and we had a good time. We also got some "Gooey" sundaes inside the restaurant when it was all over. So good!


New pj's were opened





So, we wanted to get the boys a hamster for a present. We are pet people and that seemed like a good idea. Good starter, if you will. So....we got this instead:
















He is a 3 mth old Great Pyrenees. Super chill and timid. I think he looks like a polar bear cub. We are tentatively naming him Charlie. Or Apa. Also open to suggestions. We tried to get video of when we brought him upstairs to suprise the kids, but I started recording and it said the card was full. By then they had seen him. Oh well. The kids love him!




Lets be honest though - this is the one that is the most excited about a new puppy!


We really did have every intention of getting a hamster! We were checking different pet stores oto find the best deal on cages, etc. and we had one more place to look at. Mitch called me from the store and was like, you should come down here. This puppy is awesome. So, we just went with a bigger model, I guess. :)




Anyway, I had to put in a picture of my favorite present this year. (no offense, Mitch) About a week before Xmas, Ben brought this to me. He had made it all on his own - found some glitter in the craft box and filled it with water. "Mamma, I made you a snow globe! Do you love it?" Yep. I sure do buddy!




















I ALSO had to add my favorite present I gave this year:


I saw this exact thing on Pinterest and knew Lindsey had to have one. So, I made her a crappier version. LOL!

7 comments:

Jason and Kenna said...

This was the entertainment of the night.

Love everyone at the Brocks

Wendy said...

I love how smart Sam is! And what a great snowglobe, what a sweet gift. I totally vote for Apa to be new guy's name.

Jason and Kenna said...

Apa is awesome...we've also been discussing names...Whitney wants snowball, she says it's classic, debatable...The best dad and I came up with was Scuba...

Tippetts said...

Sorry suckers, we went with Charlie. The tag has been made. It fits his personality. WILD CARD! j/k

Leslie said...

Awesome...love the dog...he's beautiful!!!

Lindsey M. said...

You. Rock. My. World.

Jason and Kenna said...

Miss your blog...no pressure, well a little.