Saturday, September 4, 2010

Camping and carrots

We went camping with a couple of families last weekend. We had a great time! I wish we went more often. It sprinkled on us a bit, but other than that the weather was great. There was a river next to us and the boys loved catching frogs!



Sam took a break from Star Wars for the weekend and was all about cowboys/bandits.


The big boys (aka Mitch and Mark) decided to take advantage of the water as well and try to spear some fish for dinner. Unfortunately for them the water was FREEZING!

Here is Mark contemplating on getting in...
Still contemplating...
He did it! Jumped right in and came up yelling! They are crazy!
And all those fish they got were delicious! ....oh wait, no fish were obtained! LOL! They said they got used to the cold and had a good time though. :)
On another note, here are the tiny crazy mutant carrots from our garden:

Check out this guy! Insane!

5 comments:

RaeAnn said...

Charlotte already doesn't look like a newborn! So crazy how fast she is growing...those carrots could take a lesson from her, eh?

Lindsey M. said...

Oooohhhhh, isn't that sweet. Mark and Mitch. I will punch you both in the face if I hear you have other friends. EVER. Good thing I'm not possessive.
Nice carrots. I don't know what Spokane soil is all about.

Leslie said...

The photos are awesome...that carrot is wild!

Jason and Kenna said...

Did you eat the carrots?

Tippetts said...

We ate the ones in the first picture but not the weirdo one. Too intimadating!