Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sweet sweet success

So I think it's finally happened! I'm a little afraid to say it but I think Sam has achieved potty training success!!!! I'm SO hyped. We've had about a week and a half of NO poopy pants and I'm sure he'll have some accidents in the future, but basically I think he's got it! Man, it's been a long hard (and stinky) road that started in New York and hopefully ended here in Arizona. He still wears pull-ups to bed, (too much info?) but once we finish of this pack, I'm not buying anymore. So, we took Sam to see Kung Fu Panda for a treat and it was pretty cute. I like Jack Black so maybe that's why I dug it, but anyway it was fun. :)


7 comments:

staci baker said...

UHHHH! I know how you feel! Currently working on that with Tyler. One month and counting until preschool starts. Not sure we're going to make it. I don't get it. He totally doesn't seem to care if his underwear is wet all day long. Wish us luck this month, huh?

Ashley said...

Good job, how old is Sam? I want to know when to get started with Thomas, but I think it will be awhile. Happy day when you only have to change one stinky bum though. Congrats!

Jake and Jessica said...

I feel your pain within the last 2 weeks we have finally completed the process with Kaden, the very long process. Hopefully we will both have quicker success with our other boys. P.S. Cole digs your Kung-Fu Music, he was dancing up a storm.

Trisha Mason said...

Way to go, Sam!! We're still in diapers over here :( I gave up with the potty-training because of the constant moving....but it starts up again hard core next week! Any tips?

Summer said...

What a relief for you! That's fabulous news! If he regresses we saw an ad while we were in Cali for a daycare that potty trains for you. We though of sending you a pic of the sign...

Tippetts said...

Ashley - I honestly don't remember when we started with Sam it was so long ago! I know we were in New York. I think it's been 8 or 9 months of hard times. But most ppl don't have it so tough.
Trisha- I don't really have any good tips because it seems like we tried everything ppl told us and he just had to decide to do it on his own time (unfortunately)!
Summer- Man that would be sweet!

Glenn and Natalie said...

Way to go! I am very happy for you! It is so freeing to have your kids potty trained, not to mention cheaper!