Friday, September 27, 2013

The Fair and A Champion

It's that time of year - the County Fair with all it's fried food goodness. We were looking around at all the animals (our favorite thing to do there) when we went by the Mutton Bustin' stand. I've seen this before, but the races were never close to the times when we were there. But this year the next heat was in 20 minutes.  So we signed Ben and Caleb up and got pumped! FYI: Mutton Bustin' is when little kids try to stay on the back of a sheep as long as possible as they run across a corral? Don't worry they were protective gear and helmets. It's super fun!)  
 
Sam and Greg hanging out waiting for the races.
 
Oh, and busting some moves in the process (I love that they had no idea I was getting this. It's pretty hard to see, but they are dancing up a storm.)

Sam and Greg were too old for the Bustin, but they did chase a sheep with a balloon on it's back and both got a tee shirt for it.
 
Here he is:
(Mitch has video too, which you can see a little better but I don't have it on my computer yet)
He did the absolute best and stayed on the whole time! I think he gets the Sticks-like-glue-ness from his father.

The podium. I love that he is the smallest - first place suckers!



 
He still wears it. They had run out of 1st place medals, so his just says 'contestent'. We could have gone back on Sunday and replaced it, but we couldn't justify it.
 
They each got to pick one game. Ben chose this. Hilarious.
 Reminds me of LuLu and her hamster ball. Sam did a jumping thing, but again I think Mitch has those pictures. We need to get it together!
 
Watching the pig races. Right after we lost Caleb but didn't know it. We found him at the lost kid tent. Pretty crazy!

I love the fair-Good Times.
 
Off to Arizona and Mexico!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so anxious to do all these things with you. Love, love, love the muttin bustin and the dancing. Maybe Ben has the makins of a real career here. Love you.

Jason and Kenna said...

So where is that video that showed me when we were on the phone? I loved the boys dancing...awesome.