Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Fair! Sort of.

Downtown at Riverfront Park in the summer that have a bunch of little rides and things kind of like at the fair. Every year Mitch's program has a Resident's Day and we get to go down there and get an all day pass/bracelet with a BBQ dinner. It's pretty fun and we had a good time last year. This year we did a few more rides and also had a very fun time. These are not in the right order, but oh well.
Activities included:
The Ferris Wheel (check out the dude on the controls-I think he was posing!)



The Carrousel. My favorite!

No, this was my favorite! Italian Ice - mmmm! They also had the mini donut stand and I stole one from Josh-mmmm!

Mini golfing.
Ben would just roll his ball into the hole at the end. :)


IMAX. We wanted to see the ocean feature, but just missed the last showing. So we saw the space one about the Hubble telescope. I was skeptical and thought it would be boring, but I really liked it - the pictures were amazing! Of course, Ben was a gem the entire time and didn't crawl all over being loud...


Strawberry spinners. (I named them) Kind of like the Tea Cups.
Bumper cars (and boats, not pictured)

Airplanes. The boys love this one.

We wanted to go on the Sky Ride that takes you over the river and falls. We didn't go last year, so I was excited to try it. It closed at 8, but when we got there at 7, it was all locked up. I was so mad! So, hopefully next week we are going to try to use our tickets since we had to buy those. Anyway, we really did have a good time and I am looking foreword to next year!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Looks like you had such a fun time! Where was Charlotte? Ok, I get that she wasn't big tall enough for the rides, but not even one photo op?

Leslie said...

Wow...I never realize how fun it truly is there...must try soon...the Italian ice sound so yummy!!!

staci baker said...

Fun! This is the second year in a row we've been on vacation during that event...That dang cabin reunion in Island Park! Ha-ha. I guess we had a good time where we were, too. Hopefully we can make it next year, though.

Anna Mae and Boyd said...

I want to schedule our vacation to be there for that event. Love the looks of fun on the boy's faces.

esther said...

Looks like a fun Fair. What a great thing for your program to do.

Lindsey M. said...

Ben's hair!!! I love it! I miss them and all they're plane glory. Really, it's bitter sweet seeing their sweet faces.