I've never thought of myself as loving summer. When I was younger I loved the no school and swimming, but as an adult I've always loved fall and winter. The leaves change color, the sweaters, fires, snow and hot chocolate! Maybe it's from growing up in AZ where we don't really have those seasons. Anyway, having since moved away and experienced real seasons, summer has been at the bottom of the list. But Spokane has changed my mind! The summers here are beautiful! Green and warm, but not too hot or humid! Here are some things we've been doing:
Water! The boys at swim lessons. (Sam can't hold still - too excited. He also got to go to Soccer camp for a week in the mornings, which he loved but I have no pictures of.)

Yesterday at the park/splash pad.
Spokane Indians baseball game. Mitch gets to go "work" these and we get to tag along. Mark was with us. I love those seats!
Huckleberry picking. This year was a bit of a disaster. We went with Mark and Bonny's family, which was great, but we kept having problems! We decided to ride bikes this year. We had Charlotte in a trailer, Sam on his bike and the little kids in the wagon. Well, Sam cried and "couldn't" ride his bike and then the harness on the wagon broke so Mitch had to go back to the car for the regular handle. My beach cruiser was a beast going up the hills! When we finally got to the berries, Charlotte wouldn't stop crying (which is not like her) and then I dropped my pail of berries all over the ground. Then it started raining. It didn't last too long and we really did have a good time, it just seemed funny all those things happening.
The work:

The spoils:
mmmm. I made a cheesecake!
Also, I have to say that Miss Charlotte is such a good baby! She is sleeping like a champ now and takes great naps. She smiles and coos at us. It's awesome. Sure, she has her moments, but basically she is so good! I'm probably jinxing myself, but I had to document it.
Hurray summer!
8 comments:
Summers in Spokane are FUN when the weather is GREAT which it did the second week of July but it has been AWESOME!!! We miss you...we need to get together soon!!!
Yes, I am all about true four seasons. I can appreciate winter so much more now that it only lasts three months, and never gets too cold for too long.
Oh man I am with you summer in Arizona doesn't really hold a candle to other seasons here:-) Looks like you guys are definitely enjoying things. Great pictures, that is fun the kids did swim. Loving the update!
Your kids are so cute! I loved that rainforest activity blanket thing...
I'm glad you are able to enjoy summer again. I love being able to swim in the summer. Congrats on getting Charlotte to sleep so well.
ONLY the CRAZY like summer in Arizona. As you know, I could stay in Spokane allllll summer. I'm glad that you had such a great time. Those berries look amazing, AND OHhhh the Cheese Cake. There are songs written about summer, no one wrote them in Arizona. Love you. Soo much fun.
I remember a specific song by a little Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff that could go along with this post.
I agree! Summers here are AWESOME! Too bad they just don't start a little earlier than July...
Looks like you've had fun. I'm sad we didn't make it to any Indians games. I knew it'd be a disaster with Peyton running wild and Logan probably crying. Maybe we should've tried it.
Post a Comment