Saturday, June 19, 2010

And then there were 5

Sorry if these are a little random and have little commentary. Once I get some sleep beyond a 2 hour pop I will get it together!
Here I am a day or two before . maxi dress = comfy.


My Mom came on the 5th and we took the boys to park,


and downtown to the fountains.

Mostly we just hung out and got things ready. (this is not our moving truck, we just let a friend park it in our driveway for a few days and the boys loved climbing all over it)

Thursday morning Mitch and I went to Sacred Heart at 5:15 for our 7:15 surgery. I didn't sleep much the night before. I was really, really, nervous. When I had Ben c-section, I didn't know it was going to happen so I didn't have time to be scared, but this time I had plenty of time to think/worry about it. Anyway, everything went ok. The spinal they gave me took it's sweet time working so they kept tilting the bed back to help it along and by the end I felt like I was standing on my head! It was really weird feeling them pulling and tugging on me. They used a vacuum to get her out, which I had never heard of, but I guess it's no big deal. The recovery this time was WAY better and hurt a lot less (because I didn't have that tube down my throat!). Anyway, sorry for TMI!

*post edit: i forgot to say that my pre-op nurse looked a lot like and sounded exactly like Drew Barrymore! The little lisp and everything. It was awesome. I should have taken a picture to document it, but she was so nice and it helped distract me. :)
They asked Mitch if he wanted to be in on the surgery, but he said he would rather be Dad than Doctor for that. :)






I was worried she wasn't going to have any hair, but she didn't disappoint.

Dimples too!

My Mom was such a big help! She went home today and I am so sad!


The boys were not that into her at the hospital, but once we got home they both love to hold her and give her kisses!


12 comments:

Kimberly McLaughlin said...

She is SO beautiful!! Did I miss the name?? because I gotta know! :)

Hall of Halls said...

She is such a pretty girl! Great pictures. I'm glad all went well.

esther said...

She looks like a Tippetts! She is just so cute. I'm glad every thing went well and you had a good recovery.

Ashley said...

No commentary needed because you can tell how sweet, loved, and excited that baby is! Love the pictures, thanks for the update.

The Wynn Family said...

She is such a beautiful little girl. Congratulations Guys!

Leslie said...

Megan, she's so PRECIOUS!!!!

Jake and Jessica said...

So, so, so cute. Those pictures are so precious. I hope you get some more sleep soon. It takes it's toll.

RaeAnn said...

She really is so pretty...and I don't just say that. I mean it. YOur boys look great too! And dang, gina, so do you!!

Wendy said...

Great photos! I gotta say, Mitch had the perfect response to getting in on the surgery. And that song makes me cry!

Whitny said...

Oh wow. How wonderful. She is amazing. Good to see you all so happy

Lindsey M. said...

Whoa, didn't notice she had mitch's nose!! She's so darling I can't believe it! Have you bonded? Or are you hiding behind that camera cause you think you're baby is covered in germs? Ok, it's the second, I'll start spreading rumors around Kansas. I'll also throw in "you were once a man"...that's always a crowd pleaser. I'm gonna have some many friends on your account. Thank you. Love you little Lottie Jean!!!!

Glenn and Natalie said...

She is absolutely precious! So sad that you guys live so far now! I especially love the dimples!