Favorite city!
Yes, we belted out some lyrics from The Hills are Alive - and yes, they really were. It was so pretty here. So, we left the lake and got to the city around dark and went exploring. We found some amazing shops with great wooden chess sets, music boxes, nativities, etc. Then we ate at little cafe place - I tried the apple strudel, but then just stuck with clear broth because I was feeling pretty ebola-ish. I went back to the apt. to basically puke my guts out (nice right?) and the others walked around and got ice cream and McDonald's (those guys are everywhere). Anyway, here is the view from our killer apt. the next morning that J&K found - right in the middle of town - it was perfect.
The buildings on this side of the street were built into the mountain - this is looking up at our apt. window.
Great shops. Whitney was looking for the perfect hat and jacket. She found a few hats, but I don't think they were exactly what she wanted. We had a good time searching though!
Carriage rides in the middle of town.
Awesome doors, of course.
Unfortunately, most of the fountains were covered like this one, I'm guessing because it was winter and all.
This is the castle up there that we wanted to go explore.
There is a tram you can take to get up there - which is what Whitney opted for.
This huge sculpture this is in the town square. I don't really get it, but it's famous (?) and Kenna and I can lift it.
See how funny we think we are?!?!
On the way to the castle we saw this awesome waterwheel that powered a little bakery - super super old and very cool.
Then we found this amazing cemetery!
These buildings were next to the cemetery and built into the mountain. I just think it's pretty cool.
Each grave site was so beautifully landscaped and unique.
Beautiful! How?!?
We decided to walk up to the castle - the streets were of course very cool.
Water fountain.
They were starting to get a few Christmas decorations out already.
Looking back at where we were.
The castle and more of the city coming up.








0 comments:
Post a Comment