Monday, March 12, 2012

So, turns out Mitch and I have been married TEN years. Weird, right? We are way too immature for that to have happened already! Well, it did happen and we decided to do something super romantic = go on vacation with our best friends the Machans! After we ditched our kids with family in AZ (our AMAZINGLY awesome families that took such good care of the kids! Thank you, thank you!) we hopped on a cruise ship headed to Cozumel. It. was. a. blast.

We HAD to play shuffleboard. It's the rule on a cruise.

This is Mitch's "cruise casual" outfit that belonged to my Grandpa. It's hard to tell, but the shirt is lined in terry cloth (i.e. a pool shirt) He kept saying, "man, I'm hot. oh yeah, I am wearing a towel!) The polyester checked shorts were my Grandpa's too. Actually, he also wore a bright blue velour (?) track suit from the 70's that was just a tad too tight, and I had one as well, with rhinestones but for some crazy reason we didn't get any sweet pics of those outfits. (see how smokin' hot I think he looks!)



Our rooms were next to each other so we open the door that divided the balconies and hung out there quite a bit. Mostly to play hearts and read.


So, Mitch usually wins at hearts. No, he usually dominates. BUT when he did lose, he got a little upset and threw his cards overboard. This was a reenactment, but you get the idea. We kept finding cards that blew back onto the balcony the next day from the upper decks. Souvenirs.

Apparently on cruises there is a designated "fancy" night for one of the dinners. It was a good thing we brought our fancy outfits! Mitch wore his boy scout shirt and my Grandpa's checked jacket. Mac had a similar jacket - check out how short the sleeves are! Luckily for me, Tawni wasn't using her 80's prom dress so I borrowed it. The sleeves were impressive. I also had a scrunchy in my hair, but it's hard to see. (I was also wearing my swim suit underneath.) 
These are our prom poses. Lindsey's dress had a jacket and slit. circa 1991. It was awesome! 


 Here's where it got a little crazy. Mac found some awesome shorts... 


I was laughing so hard. We went to dinner like this. (I love how mad Mac looks in this picture!) 

We call this "The surrogate" picture. p.s. Lindsey is preggers.


  


We also took some normal pictures too.



They had a ping pong tournament but it's kind of a hard game to play that when there are "gale force winds". At least that was the excuse the boys hard for not winning. ;)

We also played bingo everyday. It was so much fun! I LOVED it. Mac almost won the last game. So close.


The excursion pictures are next.

4 comments:

Jason and Kenna said...

Honestly, I'm not sure what to say beyond I love cruises...there's just too much.....too too too much {showing}....

Jason and Kenna said...

Okay, I have other things to say.

Can't wait for the excursion pictures

I'm afraid for Mitchell and those shorts because we all know how ferocious his butt hole can get and I'm pretty sure that there was no extra room....Made me laugh pretty hard though, admittedly.

Lastly, you look awesome, even with all those sleeves hiding it.

Whitney said...

Have tears in my eyes from the surrogate picture. Tried explaining these pictures to my Spanish colleages (a little like trying to explain the racoons and the cows - something gets lost in translation)

Anna Mae and Boyd said...

I don't get the surrogate picture. Do I want to? Pretty Impressive that you fit into an 80's Prom Dress.